Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage pictures from weekend trip

Rosie

One Too Many
I took a quick weekend trip to Virginia Beach last week. I stayed in the Hilton which was once the Princess Anne Inn. I went exploring around the place because the Hilton is a beautiful hotel and when one of the bell hops (if that is what they are still called) saw me, he took me to a floor where there were rows and rows of old pictures from when the Hilton was the Princess Anne Inn. Since I had my digital camera, and limited storage, I took pictures of the ones I found most interesting. I hope they load up as I've been having trouble with displaying photos lately.

http://images15.fotki.com/v337/fileDvk3/0a5e3/8/867574/3770161/IMG_0187.jpg
IMG_0187.jpg

http://images18.fotki.com/v24/file1voE/0a5e3/8/867574/3770161/IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg

http://images18.fotki.com/v339/fileb4wj/0a5e3/8/867574/3770161/IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0190.jpg

http://images14.fotki.com/v20/file9Hu2/0a5e3/8/867574/3770161/IMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg

http://images18.fotki.com/v330/filevnJw/0a5e3/8/867574/3770161/IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Maybe I Need A Bigger Screen

Rosie, the scans are too large to be properly viewed. If you host them at Photobucket.com they'll be automatically downsized.

IMG_0187.jpg

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Rosie said:
I took a quick weekend trip to Virginia Beach last week. I stayed in the Hilton which was once the Princess Anne Inn. I went exploring around the place because the Hilton is a beautiful hotel and when one of the bell hops (if that is what they are still called) saw me, he took me to a floor where there were rows and rows of old pictures from when the Hilton was the Princess Anne Inn.
Rosie, That's where my whole family besides Mom is from, Virginia Beach. :) The Hilton/Princess Anne there is beautiful! Thanks for posting those pics (downloaded them & viewed them smaller on my PC). It's always nice to know a place you're staying has a history.

Recently we've been staying at the Ramada Inn on 57th street - In fact we're going there to see them again this September, can't WAIT :D :D :D Maybe I can get some pics from their historic photo wall also to post.

Do you go to Virginia Beach there often? Isn't it amazing how quickly the "oceanfront downtown" is springing up?

Here's a pic with family the visit before last, as well as a time-exposure photo from our room that night:

temp_randy_darby_bobby_2004_sm.jpg

view_small.jpg

Have you ever stayed at the Cavalier?

temp_cavalier.jpg

Wouldn't that be a cool place to stay. Mom likes to tell me of being invited there a couple times around 1960, to see Louis Armstrong, and Redd Foxx (Fred Sanford) when he was doing standup comedy.

Thanks for sharing pics, smaller would be better, PM me if you need a hand.

Swing High,
- C H

Rosie

One Too Many
Oh, sorry guys, I didn't know they were showing so huge, not they seem to be gone. I've always used fotki but now, things seem to be really weird over there.

Hepcat- Actually, this was my first time in V.B. in years. I saw the Cavalier as we were leaving and I totally want to stay there next time I go. I have family there (who I just met last week :eek: ) and they actually want me to come down again before school starts next month.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
You're not going to believe this CH

Cousin Hepcat said:
Rosie, That's where my whole family besides Mom is from, Virginia Beach. :) The Hilton/Princess Anne there is beautiful! Thanks for posting those pics (downloaded them & viewed them smaller on my PC). It's always nice to know a place you're staying has a history.

Recently we've been staying at the Ramada Inn on 57th street - In fact we're going there to see them again this September, can't WAIT :D :D :D Maybe I can get some pics from their historic photo wall also to post.

Do you go to Virginia Beach there often? Isn't it amazing how quickly the "oceanfront downtown" is springing up?

Here's a pic with family the visit before last, as well as a time-exposure photo from our room that night:

temp_randy_darby_bobby_2004_sm.jpg

view_small.jpg

Have you ever stayed at the Cavalier?

temp_cavalier.jpg

Wouldn't that be a cool place to stay. Mom likes to tell me of being invited there a couple times around 1960, to see Louis Armstrong, and Redd Foxx (Fred Sanford) when he was doing standup comedy.

Thanks for sharing pics, smaller would be better, PM me if you need a hand.

Swing High,
- C H

Virginia is where I want to retire to someday. Cheasapeake in particular.

:)

Jon

Rosie

One Too Many
Thanks for the photbucket tip guys. I've never known about it and here I am paying for service with Fotki.com like a sucker. :(

The one thing I don't like about V.B. is driving over the Chesepeake Bridge and Tunnel :eek: :( not fun at all.

1.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy