Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pipe holder

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I found this old Syroco Pipe holder at Goodwill the other day. It's in great shape with no chips. I don't smoke but thought it was unique and bought it as a conversation piece.

fedoralover

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I would pay that if I still smoked. It's a nice piece. Probably 1930s. Is there a glass jar or metal container inside? If it is not complete that would reduce the value.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I would pay that if I still smoked. It's a nice piece. Probably 1930s. Is there a glass jar or metal container inside? If it is not complete that would reduce the value.

I thought it was 30s too, so thanks for some confirmation. But sadly no liner in the box, just wood. Still a very unique piece. It looks like it belongs in a mens lounge in some fancy club where all the good old boys sat around smoking their pipes and told stories.

fedoralover

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I thought it was 30s too, so thanks for some confirmation. But sadly no liner in the box, just wood. Still a very unique piece. It looks like it belongs in a mens lounge in some fancy club where all the good old boys sat around smoking their pipes and told stories.

fedoralover

Holy Moly! That is one great looking pipe rack and center tobacco well.....I don't smoke a pipe..my Husband does...I don't know if you should sell that as it is super nice.......but if you do sell it let me know.....thanks so much!

emigran

Practically Family
It does look to be 30's... may not have had an insert... check to see what the finish on the inside shows...does it look worn/used or "pale"... any tobacco bits... that'll probably tell you

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
It does look to be 30's... may not have had an insert... check to see what the finish on the inside shows...does it look worn/used or "pale"... any tobacco bits... that'll probably tell you

I just looked at it again and you are right, it doesn't look like it ever had one as the wood looks seasoned and when put up to your nose and take a sniff you can still detect the smell of pipe tobacco.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo