Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Resistol 3X Fedora - size 7-3/8

TPD166

One Too Many
** SOLD ** Vintage Byer-Rolick-era Resistol 3X San Antonio/Open Road styled fedora – size 7-3/8. Color is a light grey Silverbelly with a light olive undertone. Not sure of the model as that’s always been a mystery – the hat is marked both “Fort Worth” and “Pecos” on the sweatband. This hat is in excellent condition – I will reexamine it and list any flaws when I get home, but I don’t recall any. When I got the hat it had a cattleman crease. The hat was cleaned and re-blocked into a teardrop by Paris hatters in San Antonio a couple of years ago and has been worn very little since then. I never planned on selling this one, but I have finally given up on wearing most 7-3/8 hats. I would call this one a true 7-3/8 and store it on a block for a comfortable fit (I am between 7-3/8 and 7-1/2). Asking $120 shipped in the US. If you are interested or have any questions, please send me a PM or email thru the TFL.

Last edited:

Randburr

New in Town
Vintage Byer-Rolick-era Resistol 3X San Antonio/Open Road styled fedora – size 7-3/8. Color is a light grey Silverbelly with a light olive undertone. Not sure of the model as that’s always been a mystery – the hat is marked both “Fort Worth” and “Pecos” on the sweatband. This hat is in excellent condition – I will reexamine it and list any flaws when I get home, but I don’t recall any. When I got the hat it had a cattleman crease. The hat was cleaned and re-blocked into a teardrop by Paris hatters in San Antonio a couple of years ago and has been worn very little since then. I never planned on selling this one, but I have finally given up on wearing most 7-3/8 hats. I would call this one a true 7-3/8 and store it on a block for a comfortable fit (I am between 7-3/8 and 7-1/2). Asking $120 shipped in the US. If you are interested or have any questions, please send me a PM or email thru the TFL.

I'm kind of like you, more of a 7 7/16. My akubra is a 59 and is a tad too snug. How would you say this hat compares?

TPD166

One Too Many
I'd say the fit is a true 7-3/8 - I keep it on a block for a comfortable fit, but it still does not fit me as well a 7-1/2. When I didn't wear it for a while (recalled to active-duty for a couple of years), and it was not on a block, it was a snug fit the first time I wore it. The inside measurements are about 8.25" X 6.75" if that helps.

Randburr

New in Town
I'd say the fit is a true 7-3/8 - I keep it on a block for a comfortable fit, but it still does not fit me as well a 7-1/2. When I didn't wear it for a while (recalled to active-duty for a couple of years), and it was not on a block, it was a snug fit the first time I wore it. The inside measurements are about 8.25" X 6.75" if that helps.
Probably gonna be a little too snug on me too and I refuse to collect anything that I can't use.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Clean and beautiful Resistol....my Husband suffers that same issue, no 7 3/8 will fit and at times some 7 1/2 are snug as a bug!

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Drop to $100 - headed to eBay soon.
Ugh! This is killing me. I know I'd have to add padding to keep it off of my ears. My fear is that I'd get it and never wear it if the fit was off even with padding. Some hats allow padding much easier than others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo