Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As I sat in church today, my new VS mid ribbon on the pew next to me, I realized the new lid looks alot like I remember my grandfather's dress hat he wore to their 50th anniversary party when i was a young lad. Very impressed by Art's work, and how I ended up, quite unknowingly, on a path that lead me to finally own the hat I always really wanted more than any other.

Thank you again, Art, for such a grand fedora.

i-Xk4SJfR-L.jpg

It is a very fine looking hat and you wear it well.

new2hats

A-List Customer
I'm so mad. I just saw Art Fawcett was done making hats forever and I have not been able to get one from him. Glad he is able to retire, but what now for us hat lovers? I guess I need to just keep looking for that unicorn on the 'bay :(

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Yep, you got to the circus too late. But, keep looking. They sometimes show up on eBay and there have been a few hit the Classifieds here on the Lounge this past year. Also...and many of us are hoping... Art might put his remaining off-the-rack hats out for sale at some point.

I'm so mad. I just saw Art Fawcett was done making hats forever and I have not been able to get one from him. Glad he is able to retire, but what now for us hat lovers? I guess I need to just keep looking for that unicorn on the 'bay :(

Yep, you got to the circus too late. But, keep looking. They sometimes show up on eBay and there have been a few hit the Classifieds here on the Lounge this past year. Also...and many of us are hoping... Art might put his remaining off-the-rack hats out for sale at some point.
Has his bricks and mortar shop closed up for good?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Has his bricks and mortar shop closed up for good?
Yes Sir, I closed for the public Dec 28th. Until I finish my orders I am "appointment only" so I'm not distracted by tourists. I'm sorry but it's the only way to be able to concentrate. Outside of some panamas I only have two hats left in my "off the rack" series. I'm getting really close to actual retirement :D

Yes Sir, I closed for the public Dec 28th. Until I finish my orders I am "appointment only" so I'm not distracted by tourists. I'm sorry but it's the only way to be able to concentrate. Outside of some panamas I only have two hats left in my "off the rack" series. I'm getting really close to actual retirement :D
Hah, those damn tourists. We just returned from Scotland and disliked Edinburgh as it was crawling with folks just like us.....Tourists!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
God bless you Art Fawcett.
You’ve brought joy to so many with your hats. You’ve run the good race. I hope the next part is all it can be.
What i really want to know is, what hat or hats is Art Fawcett going to keep for himself? Is there any way to put that into words, Art? What hat will the Master ride off into the sunset wearing?
Be well. Bowen

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
ha, quite a few actually Bowen. Since I plan to move to Florida to be with my son I of course will have my Semi calados and a couple of featherweights. But then, I can't leave behind ones that have become a part of me, kinda like leaving a child behind. I actually don't have a "favorite" but do have a lot of "daily wearers". I will be selling most of my personal collection of vintage hats on ebay over time. Although I haven't worn them in years, I have some pretty special ones that I have treasured for years, all the way back to the 1830s I believe. Not all are in great shape but are of historical significance and are part of how I learned of the construction in days gone past. I think the first to go up for auction will be the hat worn by Jeff Bridges in Seabiscuit

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Art, you have brought a lot of pleasure to many people with your hats.

I think I have a dozen or so hats that you made for me - all of them are special and part of my life.

All the best for your retirement - I hope you enjoy being close to your family.

Cheers!
David
Thank you Sir!!!!

ha, quite a few actually Bowen. Since I plan to move to Florida to be with my son I of course will have my Semi calados and a couple of featherweights. But then, I can't leave behind ones that have become a part of me, kinda like leaving a child behind. I actually don't have a "favorite" but do have a lot of "daily wearers". I will be selling most of my personal collection of vintage hats on ebay over time. Although I haven't worn them in years, I have some pretty special ones that I have treasured for years, all the way back to the 1830s I believe. Not all are in great shape but are of historical significance and are part of how I learned of the construction in days gone past. I think the first to go up for auction will be the hat worn by Jeff Bridges in Seabiscuit
When I am faced with downsizing my collection I joke with my wife about now knowing what Sophie went through when faced with her Choice. At the Golden Globes Ricky Gervais delivered a great joke about a remake of Sophie's Choice that is relatable to the downsizing of a hat collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff