Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes is retiring

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
Art, I have heard much praise of you over at COW and have spent "far too much time" browsing the VS site when it's slow at work. Regardless of whether you'd even stop making hats, it sounds like you're doing the right thing. Enjoy the life you have with your wife and savour the time you have together. I can tell you know what's truly important and my hat is off to you because of it.

bink

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you Rick. Truer words have never been spoken and you understand the reasoning behind our decision perfectly. Turns out that after all these years we still like each other alot and want the other to stick around a bit more.
Four days before her death Janet emailed Janene one of the most poinient (sp) letters I have ever read. It discussed just these thoughts and begged us to follow the suggestions. Janene is reading it at Janet's service later today so maybe we can get the other workaholics listening to take pause.
At the right time, I'll post them for the Loungers to contmeplate.

Andy, you're asking just a bit much!! The best I can do is 1 degree windward...better get a bigger motor. BTW, if all else fails, Medford airport is 15 minutes away. :p

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Having personally met Art last fall and touring his shop, I am pleased to know that he's now only going to be a 2 1/2 hour drive away. I have a feeling I'm going to be making more trips to Medord. So welcome to Oregon Art. Let me know when you are moving in.

fedoralover

Imahomer

Practically Family
Hey Art...
I wish you the best. I'll miss stopping by to chat with you, although my brother lives in Oregon, so maybe I can still stop by from time to time.

I'm very sorry for your loss. My Mom just passed away two days ago and I know what you are feeling.

Mike

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
OH Gosh Mike, I'm so sorry for your loss. Words just aren't adequite at these times. Reflecting on the memories are all we can do and I sincerely hope they are good ones for you. My thoughts are also with you and your family.
Rich, Thanks for the welcome! I am thinking by the end of the year but time will tell. I'll keep you posted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy