Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Spade Sole Shoes

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Those are really nice, love the color as well.

I have noticed that many of the vintage shoes being shown and those I see on the internet or in a shop, do not have "waxed" dress shoe laces in them! The spade spectator footjoys had some cotton laces which I just sort of feel it is more of a casual shoe lace, (you know for cheaper shoes you wear while mowing the lawn or running to gas up your car) and that wax laces are more dress looking, a bit more formal if you will. I have always replaced shoe laces on any shoe I am going to wear with Cordo-Hyde laces. And I always am picky about the laces actually "fitting" the shoes, if I can help it. What I mean is that if you have a set of laces that is too long, you can double them when making the knot so that you are not tripping over the lace, but also if they are too short, you have nothing to really make the knot with a suitable looking bow to it. So...I try to purchase a few sets of Cordo-Hyde laces each time I see my local Cobbler, as he has a few boxes of both brown and black waxed laces in a good variety of sizes (lengths) so that I can be sure to replace any if needed. I normally go with a 30 inch lace in most of my dress shoes, but have gone larger a few times due to being low on my own supplies of them.

I also note, there are laces that are really wild looking, with some rather nice ends on the lace, metal tips in many colors and laces made in any length you want, more or less "customer decides". I have to ask, would anyone want a pair of dark blue laces in a brown pair of shoes? How about dark blue laces with metal tips in any shoe?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The latest from Prada
318932_378707945539788_1313422907_n.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Frank Brothers 5th Ave NY Wing Spades. These are a recent purchase. Hope they fit! Look like the 1940s but those punched heels look more late 30s. Isshi seems to think they are actually rebadged vintage J&M Handmades.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Frank Brothers 5th Ave NY Wing Spades. These are a recent purchase. Hope they fit! Look like the 1940s but those punched heels look more late 30s. Isshi seems to think they are actually rebadged vintage J&M Handmades.

blasphemy to post those horrid pics! Proper photos are demanded upon arrival.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The latest from Prada
318932_378707945539788_1313422907_n.jpg

The brown and black ones are something I could consider wearing however the other two pair are more something from an Austin Powers movie...sad they could put such a nice built up sole under such colors for a mens shoe....:eeek:

cookie

I'll Lock Up

1940s J&M Handmades for Frank Bros of NYC. Original soles and heels and laces! Now polished and rehabbed.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You made a great deal of improvement on these after you worked your magic on them. Looking like new!

There is a website I think called classic mens shoes, they showcase some nice vintage shoes even as they do seem to price shoes a bit high in price. Have you ever dealt or purchased from them? I am interested in a few shoes they have there, but would appreciate some positive input before buying from them. Their prices are far steeper than what most are even selling on eBay and I would hate to spend a higher amount of money and have to fight the system of pay pal or the website selling the shoes if a problem would arise. But they seem to have some very nice footjoy shoes in my size.....and soon I just have to buy at least a few more footjoy vintage shoes. There is something I find attractive about them over most of the other shoes made in the 1940's-1950's the shape of the shoes and they are very comfortable for me to wear. Lately I have been sitting for hours daily looking at shoes on line that are vintage. I would love to own them all, but if they are not in my size....I only can dream about them...(sigh)...lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Shoeshow

Naturally the second photo here is merely showing what I have been told is a "must have" for the shoe owner's tool box of goodies........lol!

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It may be that our fellow lounger, Cookie, has one of the most perfect shoe....that pair of spades...Stetson brand....spades.....and they are my size, too! lol! weeeeeeee haaaaw!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran