Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Spade Sole Shoes

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez....I am thinking I could "move" Cookie to part with those spades.....there ability of offering up one of the pairs of Vass shoes when they arrive...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaw!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
But could they be made to replicate those spade sole shoes?

not easily. They have set lasts, none of which includes one with the shape necessary to make a proper spade. Also, the extra wide welt and welt shape is well off their MTO options list. I am sure they COULD make one, but the cost would likely be way above ready MTO. There are also many bespoke makers who could do it, but, again, huge prices.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
if money is no object, THIS is a maker I would definitely like to hire to make me some spades...

http://www.frecciabestetti.com/index.php?lang=en

That shoemaker could do them, but, I would just take a healthy guess any shoes made by them would start at much more than $3,500.00 however the shoes made by them are extra nice, they make dress boots as well. Looking at the finish of their leather makes you know they are far ahead of Vass or anything else similar to Vass.

You are right also, Vass is going to stick to set shoe lasts and even what they normally stock in leather or suede to do a shoe. Anything past that, expect a second mortgage on your home. I asked of them many questions regarding the three pairs of shoes they are making for me, and even though I am going to be as happy as a clam in the river, they did not desire to go to the "spade sole" questions at all. They have set "last" in their lineup and let you pick from those and colors and some what leather or suede and that is about it, or yes you can ask for a spectator, plain toe, cap toe, or something with some punches in them but they are not going to make you a pair of anything you imagine, they have their options for you and you pick them. I can say however they have choice leather and suede. When they arrive here I will put my talents on shine to use, and after a few days of solid hours of shine I can get them as smooth as the customs shown by the link Isshy posted. The polish used is a part of the shine on them. Saphire products and more than one product for stages of getting that shine to be there. I think beeswax in the polish with natural fruit oils is what does it?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I am psyched for you and your upcoming Vass, my friend. Vass STILL hand lasts and handwelts their shoes. None of that goodyear stuff going on. Dollar for Dollar, they are possible the finest RTW or MTO shoe around.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am psyched for you and your upcoming Vass, my friend. Vass STILL hand lasts and handwelts their shoes. None of that goodyear stuff going on. Dollar for Dollar, they are possible the finest RTW or MTO shoe around.

I know, I am very much wanting to have them finish and ship them. I purchased a few goodies for some deep polish for each pair. Even purchased some non-ordinary socks to wear with them! lol! Weeeeeee Hawwwww!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I bet just about any of the custom western boot makers could make a spade sole shoe.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That's right! The older style western boots incorporate a spade sole.

Oh yes indeed! The Lone Ranger (in the "shoe-world")meets Fred Astaire! I can see that now..."excuse me kind sir, are those your latest foot attire"...."the ones with the 6 shooter holsters, large horse shoe taps, snap strap with rope for steer control".....? Yes I know....totally do-able. But may be awfully hard to tap dance in those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy