Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Spade Sole Shoes

cookie

I'll Lock Up
1940s Stetson Spades still going strong with their original laces and sitting nicely in the appropriate adjustable vintage Stetson trees.

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
You're killing me, cookie. You're killing me!
daumen.gif

cookie

I'll Lock Up
These are a push as spades but they are a lot like Marc Chevalier's late 30s/early 40s mild spades with the rounded spade finish. Knox brand - whoever they were.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
These are a push as spades but they are a lot like Marc Chevalier's late 30s/early 40s mild spades with the rounded spade finish. Knox brand - whoever they were.

these are truly epic, cookie! They truly bridge that gap between what is a decidedly "vintage style" vs. what is acceptable as mainstream high-end footwear.

Great post. Sadly, the post may also be a sign the FL apocalypse is fast approaching. I have NO idea how they can escape comment here. Just last year they would have been justly lauded.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What Mario siad. The mild spades with the captoes from the last two posts are my favourite.

I don't like pointy spade sole shoes (like in the first posting on this page)

Last edited:

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
yes, Edwardian.

i agree though Flo, some of the more extremely wide spade soles look a bit much and don't really harmonise with the shape of the uppers to my eye. all subjective though.

i love this pair, for the shape of the spade and the colour of suede:

suede40s.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran