Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Streetstyle Thread

maybelaughter

Familiar Face
Bunny said:
If anyone follows The Sartorialist, then you already know about the fantastic vintage styles he's posted recently.

i know!
i've been excited about them myself, especially the yellow-dress lady with the umbrella.... and the ladies in white dancing...!

Bunny

New in Town
Agreed! I am so buying a paper parasol this summer! Very Chic, I think!

So glad I am not the only one excited about these pictures! I also love the couple standing together. Her floral dress and the straw hat, his sunglasses and great jacket! Soo good!!!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Man....I don't know if there is a "Holy Moly look what you found on the web, isn't this chick amazing?" thread, so I am going to just post it here in streetstyle since it's her creation and she's wearing it. :)

I got a comment on my blog from this gal and I was checking out the photostream of her knitting projects and saw this.

Is that GORGEOUS? There are a few photos of it, and I thought it was so impressive and beautiful, especially when she has it wrapped around herself. She's knitted all kinds of pretty sweaters and shawls.
She might even be on the lounge already........

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Looking at the babes in this thread really made me HAPPY! Thanks for all your posting and hard work. I like to sew my own clothes from vintage patterns, but use off-the-wall fabrics for them (see Show Us What You Made thread...) Creative dressers are right up my alley!

I like these ones best in this whole thread:

080929-adele-at-dior-paris-jardin-des-tuileries-1.jpg

20090208_06.jpg

20060422_02.jpg

20050924_02.jpg

This is pretty much how I dress on a daily basis.

Billede_426.jpg

IMG_8783.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
zendy said:
That's you with the suspenders? Wish I could pull off that style, adorable!

I wish! LOL. I just wear high-waisted and suspendered whenever I can, very similar to her style. Bows on the chest are on most of my dresses and blouses.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
20050924_02.jpg

This is all kinds of amazing!! I would love to rock this look, just without the little bow on the shirt..

EDIT: I wonder if I can sew on buttons for such suspenders on one of my skirts..

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ok, that suspender one? Want. Maybe sans suspenders, but the high-waisted skirt is so cute! Don't know if I'd be able to pull it off, but I'm going to try. Added to super long sewing list...

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Darhling said:
20050924_02.jpg

This is all kinds of amazing!! I would love to rock this look, just without the little bow on the shirt..

EDIT: I wonder if I can sew on buttons for such suspenders on one of my skirts..

You would look good in prison fatigues lol lol but this 1930s look is pretty vavavoom!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner