Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Streetstyle Thread

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Hello I love you!
Billede_426.jpg

Billede_429.jpg

Bunny

New in Town
I am so in love with this thread!! I wore jeans and a tee shirt today. I usually do on Fridays (as they are my first day off on the weekends) to take a comfortable break from my vintage after the work week is done and I am totally inspired!

I don't care what people say about these fashionistas! I am in love with all these girls (and guys!) who take vintage and interpret it into their own style! This is what I usually do with my vintage clothes and I love to see other people doing it in their own special way!

This thread has made me very excited and inspired!! Keep the great pictures coming!

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I love the way that these people dress, I really love vintage styles and I used to be pretty accurate with the way that I created them, but now I combine it with my modern clothes and I feel much more comfortable.
I did love to dress head to toe vintage but I missed fashion! xx

Antje

One Too Many
I also like those last 4 styles.

I think it is great people just wear what they want, I do that too,
I'm not bothered when someone starts staring at me, because i dress differently (vintagestyle)

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Paisley said:
This is exactly what I was saying when I posted about the red, white and black outfit. I wasn't suggesting the outfit be scrapped, only that a few minor changes would make it look better on the lady wearing it. :)

Exactly...I posted this to support your argument. And nor was I suggesting everyone should wear their sleeves like this....different body shapes need different tweaking to get the balance right. :)
I just ordered a copy of "The Pocket Stylist" which goes into this in detail....looking forward to reading it!

Kadri

Familiar Face
This is a great thread.

I do not necessarily find all the outfits ideal,but as a person who likes to mix patterns and colours I can't help but feel my heart warm up.

And at the end of the day-who really cares what you wear or if it flatters you,as long as you feel fine in it.

I'm one of those people who hardly notices how someone looks and keeps her criticism to herself.

Oh how I wish people would have the guts to dress up like that where I live!

Goldfish

A-List Customer
MissAmelina said:
I just ordered a copy of "The Pocket Stylist" which goes into this in detail....looking forward to reading it!

:eek:fftopic: That is a fantastic book, I have it. You might want to get Secondhand Chic, too, it's my favorite fashion book.

Bunny

New in Town
Another One From HEL LOOKS for your viewing pleasure!

20090208_05.jpg

Satu (19)
"My style changed after I found my grandmother's old clothes a couple of years ago. Now I'm wearing my grandmother's coat and bag. I like the 30's and the 40's most. It's important that clothes are feminine.
I just bought a nice red 30's hat."

Bunny

New in Town
A Few More Photos From HEL LOOKS for your viewing pleasure!

20090208_05.jpg

Satu (19)
"My style changed after I found my grandmother's old clothes a couple of years ago. Now I'm wearing my grandmother's coat and bag. I like the 30's and the 40's most. It's important that clothes are feminine.
I just bought a nice red 30's hat."

20080924_04.jpg

Anna (30)
"I bought my headdress five years ago at Hundpark and now I'm wearing it to celebrate Minna's new store. The top and the skirt are from my own Mukava collection. The bag is my mother's old and the shoes by Minna Parikka.
I like asymmetrical clothes and deformities. Vainio Seitsonen is one of my favourites. I'm dreaming of Minna Parikka's new collection."
(This lovely lady didn't have anything to say about vintage as you can see, but i included her because I thought she had a great vintage inspired look!)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Now that I think about it, I do have a couple of items that aren't ideal for my body. I have a geometric pattern sweater with some orange and yellow color blocks that don't suit me. The shape isn't ideal for me, either. But most of the colors in it do look good and the shape isn't awful on me, just not ideal. It's fun and interesting--and I get a lot of compliments on it.

Then there was the summer hat search. Ever try to find a hat to keep the sun off your face and coordinate with business clothes? That's a tall order! Most ladies' hats are made for either the beach or an over-the-top wedding. I finally found a terrific hat--but the color doesn't look very good on me. It can't safely be lightened (I asked the manufacturer), but I've decided to keep in anyway--partly because the shape and fabric look good on. Besides, it's high quality and has great little extras (a wind strap and a pocket in the crown).

So I have some fun things and practical things that aren't ideal and can't be altered or dyed. I'm glad I have them, but I wouldn't want a closet full of clothes that are interesting or practical, but unflattering. There's a whole wide world of interesting clothes out there, and if something can't be altered, doesn't look good on or doesn't go with anything I have, I'll leave it for someone else.

cailinbeag

Familiar Face
Love this thread.

Although the majority of pics posted here are a bit...I dunno..."patchwork" for my tastes, I also recognize that my own style can be a bit overly match-y and could use a good shake once in a while. Ladies like these inspire me to think outside the box, to add a shot of colour or texture and personalize my outfit.

Bunny

New in Town
The Sartorialist

If anyone follows The Sartorialist, then you already know about the fantastic vintage styles he's posted recently. All vintage-y pictures are taken at The Governer's Island. I hesitate to post the pictures here due to the copyright on that particular blog, but here is the link to vintage goodness.

Please go look! They are AMAZING! I PROMISE YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!!

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana