Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage style cricket boots

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
these are modelled on a 20s-40s British cricket boot with tarsal strap:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200887911682?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

this is an original boot:

cricketboots_zps6d6018f1.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
these are original Peal and Co WW2 boots:

IMG_0763_l.jpg

IMG_0753_l.jpg

IMG_0751_l.jpg

the company closed in 1965 and the name was bought by Brooks Brothers. the boots today are outsourced to one
of the Northampton factories such as Crockett and Jones (hence the C&J name in the above listing).

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
TT,
canvas cricket boots (preferably with tarsal straps) have been on my want list since day one, but i don't think i've ever seen a pair larger than UK 10 (i'm 10 1/2).
found these on ebay yesterday and all of the available sizes are still too small !!!

i figured someone else might as well benefit.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I was in one of the vintage shops on the top end of Portobello Road a couple of months back. I can't recall the name but it was on the right just after you pass under the bridge. I asked about cricket boots and shoes and she said she has lots of them but only brings them out in the spring and summer. Might be worth trying in there - if spring ever arrives.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Yes. Go under the bridge (heading north from Notting Hill) and it's about 50 yards up on the right hand side.

When i was in there, she also had a couple of pairs of very old balmoral boots. She might have some more of them sitting around as well. But the prices aren't cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran