Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Suit

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
Hey Everyone,

Ok, I have to finally admit defeat. I thought I would be able to lose enough weight to squeeze into one of the suits I own, but it's simply too small.

I wanted to put it up on here first (before Ebay) and see if there was any interest in it. From what I can tell, it's possibly early 40's, but you guys will probably have a better idea. I am at work now (super bored) so I will have to get more information when I get home.

The suit looks like this (more pics to come)

Suit_vintage_09.jpg

It has two pairs of pants (one have been opened in the back as I was attempting to get them tailored) and the other pair are in the original condition.

I would suspect the jacket is somewhere between a 38 - 40 chest, and the pants could be 32 - 34, but I'll check on that as well too.

Please feel free to reply to this with any questions or commments you might have.

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
Hey again,

Ok, so I have taken some more photos and measurements. Since it's 2:25am and I can't sleep, lets go into some detail here.

Sizing:

I took measurements the best I could, and I think I have them pretty accurate. I am a 42" chest, and the top fits just right snug, so I think it's safe to say it's 41"

suit-07.jpg

The cuffs seem to have a possible 1" or so extra material that might be able to be let out. The arms were a tad short on me as you can see in the previous picture.

suit-06.jpg

The liner seems to be satin, which runs the entire inside of the jacket including the arms.

The pants (both pairs) are the same. The cuffs also have about 2" inches of material inside to play with if needed. The pocket are pretty yellowed and there is a bit of wear (holes) in the inner pockets.

suit-02.jpg

suit-03.jpg

Here is a close up of the pattern. It's pretty fancy to say the least, and I hope he doesn't mind, but Wild Root said once that this suit was super rare and he hasn't seen anything like it in his time of collecting suits.

suit-01.jpg

Wear n' Tear

There is a bit of wear on the suit as to be expected. The jacket is missing one button on the right sleeve (it is supposed to have three)

suit-05.jpg

There are minor frays in places such as the button holes and inside pants pockets. All an all it's in awesome shape. It definitely needs a dry cleaning and a few stitchings, but other than that it's ready to go.

suit-04.jpg

It sucks that I have to part with this suit as I never really got to get out in it, but I think it's time it goes to a good home instead of me keeping it hidden away in my closet any longer.

Let me know if anymore pictures or measurements are required.

Thanks!

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR