Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

filfoster

One Too Many
1. Home delivery of milk in glass bottles, by those neat little trucks;
2. Home delivery of bakery goods in different neat little trucks, with drawers of pastries in the back;
3. Our local newspapers, now down to one, shrinking like The Wicked Witch of the West after Dorothy dunked her with a pail of water.

Carl Miller

One of the Regulars
2. Home delivery of bakery goods in different neat little trucks, with drawers of pastries in the back;
3. Our local newspapers, now down to one, shrinking like The Wicked Witch of the West after Dorothy dunked her with a pail of water.

The D.I.V.Co Detroit Industrial Vehicles Company. I wasn't fortunate enough to be around when these were running around.

37821d1254608731-divco-milk-truck-04-21-2003-04_58_45pm.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
We had trucks in town that used the same "quality checked" logo, but ours was Sealtest and Turner Dairy (Turner is still in town actually). Same color scheme too.

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer

Oberweis Dairy might deliver in your area.
They have very good milk that is cold pasteurized and delivered in glass bottles. Most milk in stores is ultra pasteurized which changes the taste of the milk.

Their trucks are new but they still look rather nice.

Campbell's Soup. They are closing their factory in Sacramento that was opened in 1947. This will SERIOUSLY affect the farms, trucking companys and obviously the 700 employees that are now out of a job. What a shame.

http://www.mercurynews.com/business...oup-closing-sacramento-plant-cutting-700-jobs

Why does that not surprise me?

The world's largest soup maker said Thursday that it will close its plant in Sacramento that has about 700 full-time workers. The plant, which makes soups, sauces and beverages, was built in 1947 and is the company's oldest in the country. That also means it has the highest production costs of Campbell's four U.S. soup plants

Let's see... among the highest taxes in the US -- check...
Layers of onerous and Byzantine regulations -- check...
The least Business Friendly environment -- check.

Yep, that's Kalifornia alright. :rolleyes::doh:

I saw a wash board at a yard sale yesterday.. God, I remember my Mom and Grandma washing our socks and pants etc then hanging the items out on the clothes line. Thats two more items that disappeared.

Clothes Hangers
Clothes line

Oh the memories, I hope the memories don't disappear anytime soon. LOL

Best regards
CCJOE

Why does that not surprise me?

Let's see... among the highest taxes in the US -- check...
Layers of onerous and Byzantine regulations -- check...
The least Business Friendly environment -- check.

Yep, that's Kalifornia alright. :rolleyes::doh:

Yep, we have five businesses leaving every day. Just Great.:eusa_doh:
I miss Vintage California before all the damned hippies came out here and ruined it for generations. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn