Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
We used to have board game night, so my kids know what they are :)

There is probably alot of kids out there that would look at you like you had two heads if you suggested playing a board game :lol: I think a board game night is a great way to spend time with the family and whats more it costs next to nothing to play!

rue

There is probably alot of kids out there that would look at you like you had two heads if you suggested playing a board game :lol: I think a board game night is a great way to spend time with the family and whats more it costs next to nothing to play!

They look at me like I have two heads anyway, when I tell them I don't 'work' for a living and I cook dinner every night, so I'm used to it lol

It was a way for me to spend time with my kids and enjoy each other's company, like eating dinner together :)

REAL, BEAUTIFUL CARS!!!

disney-hotel-5.jpg

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
AtomicEraTom,
Just this morning (it's 10:13 AM here) I was telling my brother: "Cars today may be absolutely aerodynamic.. but the old ones sure were BEAUTIFUL"
Don't get me wrong.. but the curves on the older models (for example BEETLE car) were GREAT. The only car nowadays that I find lovely is the NEW beetle. :)

REAL, BEAUTIFUL CARS!!!

disney-hotel-5.jpg

Now there's a blast from the past! The view is of what was then part of West Street (now Disneyland Drive) looking south west. It's totally unrecognizable today. The parking lot in the foreground is more or less where the Disney Grand Californian Hotel now stands. Parking is now in a huge parking structure across the street and off to the right in the picture with a tram that connects it to Disneyland and California Adventure. And one-third to half of the North end of West Street/Disneyland Drive is a ramp that takes traffic over the tramway.

I do recognize those electric towers near Katella Avenue and I live several miles directly beyond the towers (in relation to the pic). lol

Last edited:

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bet you... soon there'll be "Virtual Disneyland". ;)
It'll be:
"Why bother your child with unnecessary exposing to crowd.. take him to Disneyland-online!"

..all kids nowadays have agoraphobia.. it's just that BIG SKY that's bothering them.. Just look at it, on that picture above.. too big, to.. blue? :eeek:

I've owned my share of 50's and 60's automobiles. Never a finer era in Automotive styling, in my opinion. Mile high tail fins, 2 or 3 tone paint jobs and enough chromium to destroy a city's water supply. Now, if they had the mechanical technology we have today to go behind those cars, you'd have a real keeper. The upkeep on classics is a lot and that's where we have moved ahead. They just look like jelly beans to me, though. The only cars I really like are the Challenger, Charger, 300C, Camaro, and The Crown Vic/Grand Marquis (which have now been discontinued.)

AtomicEraTom,
Just this morning (it's 10:13 AM here) I was telling my brother: "Cars today may be absolutely aerodynamic.. but the old ones sure were BEAUTIFUL"
Don't get me wrong.. but the curves on the older models (for example BEETLE car) were GREAT. The only car nowadays that I find lovely is the NEW beetle. :)

Ha! Small world, aina?

Now there's a blast from the past! The view is of what was then part of West Street (now Disneyland Drive) looking south west. It's totally unrecognizable today. The parking lot in the foreground is more or less where the Disney Grand Californian Hotel now stands. Parking is now in a huge parking structure across the street and off to the right in the picture with a tram that connects it to Disneyland and California Adventure. And one-third to half of the North end of West Street/Disneyland Drive is a ramp that takes traffic over the tramway.

I do recognize those electric towers near Katella Avenue and I live several miles directly beyond the towers (in relation to the pic). lol

I've owned my share of 50's and 60's automobiles. Never a finer era in Automotive styling, in my opinion. Mile high tail fins, 2 or 3 tone paint jobs and enough chromium to destroy a city's water supply. Now, if they had the mechanical technology we have today to go behind those cars, you'd have a real keeper. The upkeep on classics is a lot and that's where we have moved ahead. They just look like jelly beans to me, though. The only cars I really like are the Challenger, Charger, 300C, Camaro, and The Crown Vic/Grand Marquis (which have now been discontinued.)

Ha! Small world, aina?

Amen! Having driven to work in the 57 chevy of course. :p

Its a small world after all.....:rofl:

My dad has me on the lookout for a 55 or 56 GM Station Wagon. Bout time they added a wagon to their stable :)

Nothing better. :p You need another one. I am looking at getting a 55 chevy four door. it is in pretty rough condition but it is all original. Worse case senario, it has a running engine I can use as a spare for my 55 two door. :p

Well, it's not my bank book. It doesn't have to be showroom, but not looking for a basket case, either. I'm guessing it'll be a Chevy, as that's Pa's preference. Just saying something similar will do, perhaps even a Ford.

You are going to have to pay for one of those unless you want a huge project. :p The Buick in particular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael