Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage tie prints???

ADGENTNC

New in Town
I'd vastly appreciate this as well...I really wanna know how yall can look at a tie and say "That's modern"...

Best Regards,
AD

VintageSwank1

New in Town
Vintage Tie Heaven

Vintaeg Ties are one of my favorite areas of Vintage Clothing. I think I have one of the largest collection on the internet today with about 2,000. I foucis mainly on 30s-50s ties but I sell the occational 60s and 70s ties for the kids.

If you love ties check em out www.vintageswank.com

bow ties and clip-ons as well

Wild Root

Gone Home
Vintage ties are one of the easiest things to identify! Modern ties are made of crap fabric for the most part. They are really thick and extremely long. A tie from the 30's to the 50's one can tell right off the bat. In the late 20's to the early 30's they were short! Not very wide but they were very short. Most of which were made of rayon satin with brocaded prints, others were hand woven wools with plaids and striped patterns and others were prints. In the 40's they got a little longer and just a tad wider. In the early 50's they got wider and just a little longer because of the lower cut of suits by that time.
In the mid to late 50's ties started to get very narrow. But, at the same time there were ties being made that were not narrow. Both styles existed at the same time since the new modern styles didn't catch on with all men who lived in the 30's and 40's who didn't understand the new stick ties.

I'll post a photo or two later today,

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot