Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage tobacciana?

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Warbaby said:
Cigarette boxes is the correct terminology. The problem with searching for them on eBay is that a lot of sellers don't know the difference between a cigarette box and a cigarette case (which you carry in your pocket) so you'll have to wade through a lot of stuff that isn't, as well as a bunch of new junk. I'm pretty good at searching and I haven't found an effective way to narrow the search. Just be patient - there are a lot of good cigarette boxes to be found and the selling prices are often quite under value due to the increasing lack of serious smokers in the U.S.

I smoke. I use cigarette boxes and carry a cigarette case on a daily basis. If you're gonna smoke, I say do it with style. And a cigarette holder.

Oh - and 'cigarette holder' is another search term that sometimes turns up cigarette boxes and cases in the hands of people who really haven't a clue.

We smoke too and love to do it in style. Whenever I search for cigarette cases, boxes, table lighters, etc. I use the word vintage in the search and it helps eliminate a lot of the junk. Although because I smoke 100s I generally have to buy new cigarette cases because they don't fit in the old ones.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
swinggal said:
I collect cigarette cases and have 11, mainly art deco era ones, but I have a few boxes and one dispenser that I keep on my coffee table.

The dispenser is very cool. It is made of bakelite and was made in the 30s. You pop your cigarettes in the holder box and when you want one, you tilt the Kookaburra's head down and the cigarette rolls out and he picks it up for you in his beak.

I love it and bought it for $20AUD about 5 years ago at flea market knowing full well they are worth around $250 in antique stores. Unlike this one, mine is all brown bakelite which I prefer and is actually rarer.

8650_1.JPG

I'd love to see your Art Deco cases. I only have two Art Deco cases but I love both of them.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
scotrace said:
I really wish the market for those Ronson Touch-Tip lighters would get satisfied enough to stop bringing such obscene prices!!! :(

I have 1 small Ronson touch tip that I love but it needs to be repaired. It worked perfectly until the fabric (or whatever it is) on the match tip burned up. I found a place in NC that works on these lighters but you have to mail it to them and I just haven't done it yet.

I agree with you that the prices are really high. I'd like to see them go down too so I can buy another one.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
swinggal said:
Very cool. I shall have to post my cases sometime. My fav is a Ronson lighter/case combo from the 1930s which has an awesome green and black design.

I also love this. This is a pic from the net but I have one. It was my Pops. It's so streamlined and lovely.

M862.jpg

Nice box and lighter.:eusa_clap

Flashsun

New in Town
Smoke in style...

NicknNora said:
We smoke too and love to do it in style. Whenever I search for cigarette cases, boxes, table lighters, etc. I use the word vintage in the search and it helps eliminate a lot of the junk. Although because I smoke 100s I generally have to buy new cigarette cases because they don't fit in the old ones.

Very good! Nice to meet some fellow smokers who embrace the style & ritual of smoking.

I eschewed tailor-made cigarettes some time ago and now roll my own using a French made rolling machine & my own choice of tobacco.

I have recently discovered my grandfather's 1920's cigarette case & am intending to use it (after I've given it a bit of clean and polish :)

What have you seen in terms of 1920-1930's pocket lighters? I've recently got my hands on a Hurricane lighter.

Still trying to track down info on the Hurricanes, but I'll post a few pics soon of the one I've got (lovely looking thing that it is :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21