Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage tobacciana?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I love that some of you have started posting pictures of yours! There are so many fascinating and cool designs out there and I love seeing them.

Cricket

Practically Family
These boxes are all very lovely. I could spend all day looking at the different styles that were used to serve them. But really, this thread makes me want one very bad! I quit smoking about over a year ago. and I still crave them. Ahh..I will just keep looking and dreaming for now. ;)

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
Not sure what you'd call it but

I have a neat cigarette popper-outer doodad that I got for eight dollars at an estate sale.
It looks like a mini-bookcase and you wind it up, push the button and music plays and a little dog pops up with a cigarette then goes back down.

I don't smoke but I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
bobalooba said:
I have a neat cigarette popper-outer doodad that I got for eight dollars at an estate sale.
It looks like a mini-bookcase and you wind it up, push the button and music plays and a little dog pops up with a cigarette then goes back down.

It's unfortunate though because it's for small cigarettes and I smoke camel
99's so I have it stocked with standard ones for when I run out.

That sounds like a great contraption. I wanted to stock my box with camels but again, they were too big. I now I use cigarillos instead.
If there's any chance of getting a picture up of your dispenser, I, for one, would really like to see it.

Best regards, Ethan

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
DSC_0018.jpg

This is outstanding. If I smoked cigarettes I would look high and low for one of these. As I don't, I can't think of anything else I'd use it for :(

One day I'd like a desk match safe and lighter like in 30s and 40s movies, for my pipe.

I'll have to take a photograph, but I have a great old Mail Pouch Tobacco Thermometer that was in the basement of an old pharmacy we bought a few years back.

carouselvic said:
I love Mail Pouch Tobacco graphics. Do you remember the barn art?

I LOVE the barn art! We had an old barn from 1895 at the farm where I grew up, and I always wanted to paint a mail pouch sign on the side or I thought it would be cool on the silo too, I tried to talk my dad into it, or said I'd settle for on the granary. But, no dice. But rest assured, I will buy my own farm someday, and I will do up a nice Mail Pouch tribute on my barn, since there isn't any originals in the area.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Picked this up on ebay the other day. When I saw Gene's, I had been looking for one ever since. Was lucky enough to get one. Unfortunate thing is the cigarettes I like (Dunhill Fine Cuts) don't fit on the two lower racks, but I'm sure I can find some replacements. Good thing is they do fit on the lid rack, so variety is good I suppose. Now to find a matching table lighter. ;)

DSC02086a.jpg
DSC02087a.jpg

DSC02088a.jpg
DSC02089a.jpg

DSC02090a.jpg
DSC02092a.jpg

Teabag1927

Familiar Face
CigarMan said:
Picked this up on ebay the other day. When I saw Gene's, I had been looking for one ever since. Was lucky enough to get one. Unfortunate thing is the cigarettes I like (Dunhill Fine Cuts) don't fit on the two lower racks, but I'm sure I can find some replacements. Good thing is they do fit on the lid rack, so variety is good I suppose. Now to find a matching table lighter. ;)

DSC02086a.jpg
DSC02087a.jpg

DSC02088a.jpg
DSC02089a.jpg

DSC02090a.jpg
DSC02092a.jpg

Oh...my...goodness....

Iv'e never seen anything like it.

I take it these aren't very common to find on ebay, or inexpensive. I want one !

Mid-fogey

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21