Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage US Navy Wool Peacoat

jb2004me

New in Town
Hi All,
Another one I thought you all might be interested in. Hard to pin down a date on this one, maybe late 40's early 50's. If it weren't a little tight in the shoulder area it would be my jacket for the next 6 months or so - nice and heavy - suitable for a Canadian winter :rolleyes:
All the best,
JB

eBay Item number: 280286381391
100_1698.jpg

Subvet642

A-List Customer
I believe the pea coat is from the 60's or newer. The "Service Number" is an SSN, and I don't think that they were using them untill at least the 60's. It looks the same as the one I was issued (the buttons were "silver" at first, then "china"). I was in from '81 to '85. At any rate, it's a nice coat and very warm (trust me).

BlueAlii57

Vendor
I believe the pea coat is from the 60's or newer. The "Service Number" is an SSN, and I don't think that they were using them untill at least the 60's. It looks the same as the one I was issued (the buttons were "silver" at first, then "china"). I was in from '81 to '85. At any rate, it's a nice coat and very warm (trust me).

Shows a service number not SSN - there are two digits at the end of the string. N140 contract number + clothing supply office = probably 60's

Annixter

Practically Family
Shows a service number not SSN - there are two digits at the end of the string. N140 contract number + clothing supply office = probably 60's

This ad is four years old now, just to clarify, so I don't think anyone is questioning this particular coat anymore. There's a peacoat thread in the outerwear forum with great dating information.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn