1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Vintage Vanson Model C no longer in production

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by gtrplyr, May 29, 2019.

1. gtrplyr

gtrplyr One of the Regulars

815AD682-930C-4749-85BB-2C747E88B237.jpeg For sale: Vanson Model C. This is the predecessor to the C2. This jacket is no longer made by Vanson, and hard to find. Has quilt lining that is in great condition. Jacket is in very good condition, but it's used so it has some wear marks. Please review images.

What makes this jacket unique is that it is longer in the body and sleeves than the C2. This jacket covers your belt. It also has a clean back with no laces. Very Brando! Vanson offers nothing like this anymore besides the shorter C2 and the Thunderbird (also shorter).

There is a scratch that only goes through the dye (no cuts in leather) on the left sleeve, and a mark on the right elbow. All other marks are simple wear marks. The inside lapel had some doubled over stitching which isn't noticable with the jacket on and appears to have come that way from Vanson. Size 44. Fits true to size. I am the second owner. Asking $600 shipped 48-usa.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    JMax likes this.
  2. gtrplyr

Measurements:

Pit to pit: 24"
    Waist: 21"
    Shoulder (straight across including action back): 19"
    Back length (from base of collar): 25"
    Sleeve (straight down from shoulder seam): 25.5"

Here's a bad selfie with the jacket on.

Attached Files:

3. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

4. gtrplyr

The Derby from my understanding is a slim fit jacket. The belt is non-removable, the lapels are smaller, and the back is a one piece. Personally, I think the C looks better. Not only does the back look nicer, but I think the front on the Derby looks too long from where the belt sits. Also, not sure if the Derby has footballs under the arms which the C does (really helps with mobility). I'd put this C closer in style to the E (highwayman), minus the side laces.

5. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I completely agree on the appearance. To me the Derby looks stretched, like how a Perfecto-style jacket looks when it's made for Tall sizes, like someone 6'6" or so. I only mentioned it to point out that Vanson do still make a longer cross-zip moto jacket. That's not to take anything away from yours.

The C and C2 do both look a lot like an E. If I had my pick, I'd go with any of them, but I like the C2 that I picked up late last year. It's neat to actually see a C, as you say, you don't see them around very often.

ton312 and gtrplyr like this.
  6. Bjorn240

Bjorn240 One of the Regulars

C is the best cross zip they’ve made. Tempted but I’m a 42 and this will be just a bit too big I’m afraid!

gtrplyr likes this.
  7. gtrplyr

I would be open to trading even up for a Vanson Chopper if the measurements work. I'd prefer the Chopper made with X150, quilt or no quilt is fine.

Also open to reasonable offers.

8. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Beautiful jacket in a wearable length.

gtrplyr likes this.
  9. gtrplyr

Bump for price drop.

10. gtrplyr

11. gtrplyr

$500 shipped for forum members.

12. gtrplyr

$450 shipped.

13. gtrplyr

Bump...

14. gtrplyr

This is killing me. $400 shipped 48 USA.