Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Wahl Fountain Pens

From my "Private Collection"

WAhl1.png

From the left 3 Wahl-Eversharp Skylines the smallest I believe is a "DEMI" or ladies pen. (If you find skylines with gold caps and especially gold bodies, they can be extra valuable)
The clip over cap design is a signature of this piece and sort of streamlined overall. 1940's

#4 is a Gold Seal Personal Point Signature pen from the mid 20's to late 20's. Nice find and flex nib on this one, classic! There is a little gold medallion on the top of the cap with 2 check marks next to eachother so they look like the letter "W" for Wahl.

#5 Oxford- a depression era pen not spectacular but a good writer.

Laying down a 50's Ventura (UNUSED) this still has stickers on it $5.00 and is a flexible fine nib.

Laying on the mouse pad a Symphony (50's) designed by Loewy as is the Skyline. A fine point and good writer.

Wahl2.png

Here you can see them with cap posted and the nibs revealed. I swapped the Oxford and Symphony here.

These are all nice pens. For size comparison on the left is a 1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar (50 cent Piece) and the right is a 1943 Mercury Head dime. Period coins.

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
You can send me those pens, too!

SWEET! I have the same Skyline as #2. I love that pen. It writes beautifully. In fact, it's the pen I found at an antique store for $35 - and wrote like a dream when filled the first time - that really hooked my addiction for fountain pens.;)

Skyline!

The red striped cap is wild, it has sort of an optical illusion to it. There are alot of cool modern fountain pens but so many vintage ones just are awesome pens with designs, colors and write ability that is hard to beat.

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
John in Covina said:
The red striped cap is wild, it has sort of an optical illusion to it. There are alot of cool modern fountain pens but so many vintage ones just are awesome pens with designs, colors and write ability that is hard to beat.

The color and light shift in the cap is one of the things I love about this pen. I keep looking at new pens from time to time, but it's the vintage ones which really attract my eye because the materials and color seldom compare in newer pens.

Pens Displayed

I have a Display Cabinet from Ikea that I keep pens in that are not in an enclosed pen case.

penshave.png

Some Pelikans on top with the ceramic Pelikan Display figurines.

Below my vintage Sheaffers, Watermans and mixed like Aiken Lambert, etc. 1920 to 1950.

Below that is about 1/4 of my inks.

metalnut

New in Town
Websites for collections

Collections like this ought to be displayed on net.My pipes are on www.smokingmetal.co.uk and there is a link to the guys who designed the site for me

Tony in England (the metalnut)

John in Covina said:
From my "Private Collection"

WAhl1.png

From the left 3 Wahl-Eversharp Skylines the smallest I believe is a "DEMI" or ladies pen. (If you find skylines with gold caps and especially gold bodies, they can be extra valuable)
The clip over cap design is a signature of this piece and sort of streamlined overall. 1940's

#4 is a Gold Seal Personal Point Signature pen from the mid 20's to late 20's. Nice find and flex nib on this one, classic! There is a little gold medallion on the top of the cap with 2 check marks next to eachother so they look like the letter "W" for Wahl.

#5 Oxford- a depression era pen not spectacular but a good writer.

Laying down a 50's Ventura (UNUSED) this still has stickers on it $5.00 and is a flexible fine nib.

Laying on the mouse pad a Symphony (50's) designed by Loewy as is the Skyline. A fine point and good writer.

Wahl2.png

Here you can see them with cap posted and the nibs revealed. I swapped the Oxford and Symphony here.

These are all nice pens. For size comparison on the left is a 1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar (50 cent Piece) and the right is a 1943 Mercury Head dime. Period coins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner