Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Wedding Dress Help Please - Specific Dress picture needed...

Twinkle

Familiar Face
Just know someone on here will know which one I am talking about, I cannot find a picture anywhere and I wanted to have the dress re-created for my wedding...

It is a baby blue dress - prom style, but the skirt is made from large beaded 'petals'.... Have a feeling it might be Hartnell but can't find any specific pictures no matter where I look....

If anyone can help it would be hugely appreciated...

Thanks

Estelle:)

Twinkle

Familiar Face
Good, but not what I was thinking :eusa_clap ....

It is darn similar but it is an actual dress, I saw it an an exhibition at the Imperial War Museum back in 1995, but can I find who made it to get a picture to show my dress maker?? Can I diddly!! :mad:

NicknNora

A-List Customer
I wish I could help

Did you try using Google and typing in some key words such as beaded petal dress or Hartnell beaded petal dress?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It sounds great hon, but unless you can remember what film it was in or who wore it, I don't know how you'll find it!

Keep searching; I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Twinkle

Familiar Face
NicknNora said:
Did you try using Google and typing in some key words such as beaded petal dress or Hartnell beaded petal dress?

Thanks for the idea, I tried this already, with lots of different confugurations too......:( Nothing came up that was like it....

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Wish I could help

Twinkle said:
Thanks for your help also, I tried to contact them also but no luck....

I am beginning to think that I am imagining it!!! :(

Sorry I haven't been much help. When you did your Google search did you also click on images? I found this dress when I used the words Hartnell petal dress and then clicked on Google images.

corodrsdetail10.jpg

One other thought is that the local newspaper may have covered the exhibit and there may be a photo of the dress in one of their news stories. You could go to the library and try a search.

Twinkle

Familiar Face
NicknNora said:

Now that is more like it, not exactly but I'm going to have to make it up as I go along but this is definitely similar (abeit modern) version of what I was thinking of.... wanted 3/4 prom dress with this detail in baby blue.... At least it will give the beaders an idea of what I want.

Thanks so much.... Searched for hours and didn't come up with anything like that...

E xx

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Fantastic!

Twinkle said:
Now that is more like it, not exactly but I'm going to have to make it up as I go along but this is definitely similar (abeit modern) version of what I was thinking of.... wanted 3/4 prom dress with this detail in baby blue.... At least it will give the beaders an idea of what I want.

Thanks so much.... Searched for hours and didn't come up with anything like that...

E xx

I'm so happy that this is close to what you were looking for. Here is another link to a website that has multiple views of the dress and a video of Miley Cyrus wearing the dress on the Red Carpet.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ress&hl=en&rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS306US306&sa=G&um=1

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
LOL, when I saw Miley in that dress in the mags a while back, my first thought was "Glinda wanna be" :eusa_doh:

MidnightBlue

New in Town
Caity Lynn said:
LOL, when I saw Miley in that dress in the mags a while back, my first thought was "Glinda wanna be" :eusa_doh:

There's no shame in that lol. I'd love to be paid to dress up like my favourite fictitious characters! Or just an excuse! I might choose Gilda before Glinda though. That said I do get paid and have an excuse to dress up like Gilda, I just can never find the perfect dress!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner