Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Weddings

MirandaFern

Familiar Face
AmateisGal said:
(though he is very keen on the idea of having a swing/jazz band so we swing dance the night away!).

LUCKY! I wish I could get mine to dance. Junior League classes during middle school ruined dancing for him (although he dances remarkably well...as far as I could see in the roughly 6 times I've seen him dance in the 5 and a half years we've been together.)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
MirandaFern said:
We are trying to keep this at less than 5K.

That was our budget.... for everything: band, food, flowers (roses!), photos, my dress (made it), bridesmaids dresses (made them), tuxes, etc. It meant we were quite DIY, but that was also a reflection of us.

And I can't stress enough the freedom of not having wedding debt!! We paid cash and up front for everything. It was hugely important to me to not start our marriage off being in debt, so I figured out how much we would need to pay for everything, how long we had to save the money, and how much that meant we had to put into savings from every paycheck.

Our wedding was really vintagey - country vintage! Gingham, country band, and BBQ for the reception. Loved it.

_MG_1849.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
We did a Vegas wedding then had a backyard reception with a pig roast in our backyard. It was all under 5K but I would say I was surprised by the extra expenses that went into the backyard reception, getting portapotties, tent tables and chairs was almost as much as a hall would have been.

Kiri

One of the Regulars
Anyone know where to find more pictures of 1940's weddings? That's the era I love, I think I know what the dresses are like, but I'm not sure about veils etc.
I'm not getting married anytime soon though, no fellow in my life and I'm not quite 17. I'm just curious. ;)

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
I'm resurrecting this thread to show off my wedding photos!

It wasn't 100% vintage or authentic but then neither am I! I'm a huge fan of vintage hair, make-up , clothing, cars etc. and wanted them to be a part of my day but didn't want to get stresssed about making sure everything was "matchy-matchy". We're also big classic rock/ tattoo fans so that played a big part too.

Anyway, for anyone interested, here they are:

https://wa.theimagefile.co.uk/?skin=6927&Action=_VC&id=12157415&ppwd=cf6956dt

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
I'm having a winter wedding, January 15, 2016, and I just got my dress today! I'm so excited, but I won't post any pics of it until after the big day. I can tell you this: it's from the 50's, there are pearls on it, there is A LOT of tulle, and there is a 6 ft. train! I got it from Ebay for only $350. I noticed that the color of the dress matches perfectly a pair of fingerless gloves that my fiance's grandma gave me. I think I may wear them, but I'm afraid it could be too much tulle. (Is this such a thing?!) Other than the dress, possibly gloves, and my grammy and papa's wedding picture sewn onto my bouquet, I'm not sure how vintage my wedding will be. Although our leading venue is a historic courthouse. That could be part of the vintage charm too!

AmberLouise

New in Town
I had a quickie wedding this past September in Las Vegas. I wore my husbands grandmothers wedding dress from the early 1930's.

St. Louis

Practically Family
What an exquisitely beautiful portrait. Would you mind posting another image, if you have one? I'd really like to see this dress in more detail, if possible. Does it have a train? Did the veil come with the dress?

Just lovely.

Thanks!

AmberLouise

New in Town
St. Louis- Thank you! The dress doesn't have a train but the original veil that his grandmother wore was an extremely long train veil, unfortunately no one knows where that veil is so I made the veil I wore at my wedding.

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
We have booked our wedding venue! We had to change our date to January 30, 2016, but we have the perfect vintage venue. We are marrying at a historic courthouse in Crown Point, IN. They have a beautiful ballroom for our reception too.
Old-Lake-County-Courthouse-Crown-Point-Square_700.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points