Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Weddings

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face

I'm going to have a vintage inspired wedding (hopefully, if I can pull it off correctly) I was wondering if I could get some feedback from you lovely ladies (and gents) on some ideas...

It's going to be a at a rustic ranch www.tinstarranch.com, my fiance is more of a rustic kind of guy, as am I, but I also have a love of vintage and I'm trying to mesh the two together...

here's what I have idea-wise so far the "theme" is Shades of Blue:

something like this for the bridesmaids... In a dark navy blue
erez

sirisienasundress.jpg

Casual outdoor ceremony and reception
toughofbeer.jpg

beercoozie.jpg

Flower Ideas:
boquet007.jpg

centerpieces003.jpg

centerpieces005.jpg

centerpieces011.jpg

chairbacks.jpg

decor003.jpg

I LOVE this cake... except I wouldn't have that flower...
cake.jpg

Emer

One of the Regulars
o0olibelulao0o said:
I LOVE this cake... except I wouldn't have that flower...

cake.jpg

Lord, I love that cake! I think the flower actually adds something special to it!

I'm so envious of all your girls getting to do these vintage weddings. I've told Hubby that on our 10 year anniversary we're going to do a vow-renewal and I want to make it all 40's themed. My wedding dress would definitely come from Whirling Turban, if I couldn't find something vintage that I liked. But I love tea-length wedding dresses.

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
Emer said:
Lord, I love that cake! I think the flower actually adds something special to it!

I would probably have a hydrangia or something instead :) The picture I first saw that cake with was only two tiers and it had a huge sunflower on it... it looked adorable!

The Shirt

Practically Family
I think your ideas look fabulous! I'm a fan of hydrangeas as well. Perhaps you need to rent an old/classic car. Or maybe incorporate some borrowed silver candelabras or serving ware as part of the table setting or head table decorations. I'd love to see more!

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
We were actually thinking about renting an old classic pick up... like an old red chevy or something... I'm just not sure where abouts to look for something like that... I live in a small town so there's pretty slim pickins.

But the silver is a great idea, my future mother in law actually has alot of antique silver and pewter which would probably look really nice in the rustic setting. great idea! thanks!

The Shirt

Practically Family
Maybe you could check in see if there are any state/regional car clubs online. They may have a monthly newsletter that you could post in or an online forum. I know that those cars are often people's babies and they may not be interested in just turning it over to a stranger. But if you went for something that they could chauffeur - it might be in interesting way for them to make an extra buck for a couple hours loan? Start putting the word out there - maybe someone's uncle, cousin - whoever might have something. I know that mpls has a classic car rental place - which surprised me. I just found it online.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Two weddings, same husband

Wedding #1 at City Hall, I wore a 30s cream crepe dress with a cream and black velvet hat, and a little black velvet jacket (not in pic). Hubby wore a brown 30s suit.
l_1c633be458bbe0985fead53fe3e719c7.jpg

wedding #2, 9 months later with the whole family and friends thing, I wore a 30s inspired flamenco dress, with mantilla and a HUGE comb, and hubby wore white tie and tails. The bridesmaids wore pale green 30s evening gowns.
l_7fd49af3ea9bd4476fdc4786b7d1018c.jpg

I like the J crew dress

Of the two dresses that you provided links for, I could only get the yellowish one to show up in the Fed Lounge pics here, but I also looked at the Jcrew one at the URL you provided- the navy one? (Although that may or may not be the color you want.) I prefer the J crew one. I think that's a very cute look and will probably flatter everybody- that's always the trick!.

Did I miss something? Do you have your dress or ideas? I'd LOVE to see your dress!!!

Katherine

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
Whirlingturban said:
I prefer the J crew one. I think that's a very cute look and will probably flatter everybody- that's always the trick!.

Did I miss something? Do you have your dress or ideas? I'd LOVE to see your dress!!!

Katherine

Yes I would like the J Crew dress in Navy, I think that might be the final choice, but two of my three bridesmaids are pregnant right now, so we have to wait until they are post pregnancy to get the dresses ordered... But I think your right, I do think they will flatter everyone... and navy is such a versatile color :)

I do have a dress, I posted it in the vintage wedding dress thread :)
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=751034&postcount=96

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
texasgirl said:
We spent our honeymoon in Fredricksberg- so beautiful there and the bluebonnets were in full bloom! :)

I love it here, I'm originally from Connecticut so Texas is a whole other animal and I LOVE it... I've been here for almost a year now :)

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
Wedding #1 at City Hall, I wore a 30s cream crepe dress with a cream and black velvet hat, and a little black velvet jacket (not in pic). Hubby wore a brown 30s suit.

wedding #2, 9 months later with the whole family and friends thing, I wore a 30s inspired flamenco dress, with mantilla and a HUGE comb, and hubby wore white tie and tails. The bridesmaids wore pale green 30s evening gowns.

LOVE THESE PHOTOS!! They look so authentic.

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
A ? about vintage wedding dresses from the 1930's, a lot of the dresses used in this time period had sleeves ( long or short), but a lot of the 1930's style wedding dresses today are sleeveless, where there any sleeveless wedding dresses? Anyone?

just_me

Practically Family
NicolettaRose said:
A ? about vintage wedding dresses from the 1930's, a lot of the dresses used in this time period had sleeves ( long or short), but a lot of the 1930's style wedding dresses today are sleeveless, where there any sleeveless wedding dresses? Anyone?
I also posted this in response to your question in the other thread. :) My dress was from the 30s and had lace sleeves.

wedding001.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
NicolettaRose said:
Back in the day, they would often make the dress very bare like and evening gowns, and then add a lace jacket, or coat, over it so that it was covered up for the wedding, and then after the wedding, the bride could cutoff the train and have a nice white evening gown.

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:

Simply stunning!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner