Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Workwear

30s-50s French indigo denim workwear cap.

frenchdenimcap1.jpg

frenchdenimcap2.jpg

frenchdenimcap3.jpg

frenchdenimcap4.jpg

frenchdenimcap5.jpg

frenchdenimcap6.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Deadstock German 1920's and 30's workwear trousers.

These grey-striped trousers were solidly made from cotton with flannelized interior.
Very hardwearing and versatile... sort of the Central European equivalent to denim/jeans.

The 1930's one has blue-silvery effects and bunny-ear suspender tabs + belt-loops.

1-16.jpg

2-12.jpg

SAM_5274.jpg

SAM_5147.jpg

This grey-black striped pair is certainly older... late 1920's to early 30's. Tapered legs and fishtail cinch-back.
Inside leg of 72 cm (1 cm to let out), waist 85 cm circumference. To short for me - thus soon for sale.

SAM_5278.jpg

SAM_5280.jpg

SAM_5282.jpg

SAM_5284.jpg

SAM_5286.jpg

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
@hbk

Sure! Will notify you once I put them for sale (ebay or otherwise).

@Metatron

Even the buttons read "solide - elegant". Now THAT is a concept for workwear! :cool:

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
Excellent photo. One guy is wearing two tone shoes as well.
@Fastuni, I work in a manual job at the moment and wouldn't think of wearing those trousers to work!
But I guess if that kind of quality was the norm in workwear they just took it for granted. :mad:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Mid 1920s Hudson's Bay point blanket jacket. This style would have been sold at the time as a lumberjack. They were produced in wool and in leather. The blanket material on this one would have more than doubled the price over a standard Melton wool version. Original waist knit, replacement cuffs. Unlined.

Last edited:
I Found this utility jacket in a store in Goshen IN over the weekend.
Label says "Ward's Powr House". I'm not sure of the fabric, could be a synthetic...
Has Talon zips and cat's eye buttons

Effingham

A-List Customer
Here's a picture of my great uncle, Duffy, at some lake in Indiana or Illinois in around 1920-something.

duffy4.jpg

He usually wore dapper suits, but this I found very striking.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Deadstock German 1920's and 30's workwear trousers.

These grey-striped trousers were solidly made from cotton with flannelized interior.
Very hardwearing and versatile... sort of the Central European equivalent to denim/jeans.

This grey-black striped pair is certainly older... late 1920's to early 30's. Tapered legs and fishtail cinch-back.
Inside leg of 72 cm (1 cm to let out), waist 85 cm circumference. To short for me - thus soon for sale.

SAM_5278.jpg

SAM_5280.jpg

SAM_5282.jpg

SAM_5284.jpg

SAM_5286.jpg

Is this Doppel-Pilot fabric in Hamburger Streifen design?

Metatron

One Too Many
Swedish surplus again!

My latest Swedish surplus acquisition:
Deadstock 1960s work trousers.
Full cut and Pleated, buttons for braces.

Cinch back

Contrasting white stitching on the inside

These are more lightweight and soft than the olive green Swedish trousers, and should be comfortable through the Summer.
You can get them for around £15 on ebay Uk.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I used to have a similarly coloured pair of trousers that I would wear with a cheap, short, East German rainproof vinyl jacket. My wife said I looked like a French petrol pump attendant (maybe it was the beret) and referred to them as my Monsiuer Le Garagiste trousers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy