Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VS Art Fawcett Blue Smoke

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
This beautiful hat measures 23 1/4 in circumference. I love the hat, but I also have 4 others that match my suits. I haven't worn it in 2 years, so I'd rather have the money out of it. Economy shipping included for CONUS, more if you want Priority Mail. Price: $275.00

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
That is a beautiful hat. What would it cost to ship to the UK?. If you are willing to send it over the pond you've got a buyer.
I'm looking at FedEx, and to get a quote they need a city name and postal code. If you'll send me the info in a private message I'll find out what it costs. It also appears that they would ship it to the FedEx center and you'd need to pick it up there.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Ah, I don't think you have enough posts yet to do private messages. Maybe post a few more times up to 15 and we can discuss this privately, or you can tell me how much you're willing to pay for shipping and give me your email address for Paypal if we agree.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Ah, I don't think you have enough posts yet to do private messages. Maybe post a few more times up to 15 and we can discuss this privately, or you can tell me how much you're willing to pay for shipping and give me your email address for Paypal if we agree.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer

Hi my email is gmarst( two thousand and one) at aol.co.UK
The numbers in integers and no parenthesis or spaces.

Best

Ted

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
After looking into shipping costs it is much higher than I anticipated and so I've had to regrettably withdraw my offer. I'm really sorry to have wasted your time and I realise I should have looked into them before making an offer.

Sure is a lovely hat.

carranty

One of the Regulars
After looking into shipping costs it is much higher than I anticipated and so I've had to regrettably withdraw my offer. I'm really sorry to have wasted your time and I realise I should have looked into them before making an offer.

Sure is a lovely hat.

Shipping costs shouldn't be too prohibitive. Have you looked into other carriers than FedEx? I bought a hat from David Morgan about 12 months ago and shipping was $40. I'm not sure but I think the hat came via parcelforce worldwide.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I'd go $40 for shipping to the UK, plus the cost of the hat. That's still a bargain for an Art Fawcett work of Art.

carranty

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I'd go $40 for shipping to the UK, plus the cost of the hat. That's still a bargain for an Art Fawcett work of Art.

Absolutely. I assumed from Tedquinton's post that postage was going to be much higher (did he really expect shipping a hat from the US would be less than $40??). 23 1/4 is a pretty average size I think (Unfortunately I do not have an averagely sized head!), I'm sure a buyer will come along shortly!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Carranty. In our off board emails I realized that he is somewhat new to international shipping. He's a nice guy. In any case, the hat is back on the market now.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
The brim width is 2 5/8 inches, and since I got it used (from Not-Bogart) I have never seen it open crowned. I have left it just as I got it, but at the highest point it's 5 1/4 inches, if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters