Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VS Charcoal Custom Fedora

anon`

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
I'm just afraid that when I do get one of Art's creations, it'll make my Akubra Federation Deluxe feel as crummy as the Fed makes my expensive modern Stetsons feel. I have two nearly new Stetson Chathams that I can't bring myself to wear any more. :eusa_doh:
At least that's ally you're worried about! I just took that last step over the edge and decided to get a hat from Art. The more I think about it, the more I fear that no sooner will I have this first one than I'll be asking for a second. And third. And...

Yeah :)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good for you, Tudor

What a fine hat! When I see a fedora like that, all those slang terms we use to denote our hats - "lids", "sky pieces," and "hair cases" - all seem like profanities. Mass made Stetsons and modern Borsalinos are sky pieces; but Art's creations are ina league of their own. You can see the difference in the photos! They hearken back to the quality men enjoyed in decades now long past (sadly for us!).

I've promised myself the Manhattan once my home renovations are completed, hopefully sometime this decade :mad: .

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks again gents...your words continue to encourage me.
Fedoralover, your gonna make me count now eh??? off the top of my head I now have 13 colors. I received recently some new ones ( to me) that I'm on the fence over. One is a burgundy that I have on the block but my minds eye just isn''t seeing something wonderful with it. When I get a good mental pic of what I want I'll finish it & do some show & tell. The other two are winners..but I'm gonna make you wait till I finish them.
BTW..weren't we on for a May get together?

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ambiguous end to my last sentence

Just re-read my post and found it could be interpreted the wrong way! What I mean to say is that it's sad that the decades in which high quality hats were common is long past.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Great new box

Though i have developed an affinity for your storage/shipping box ( VS stickers, postage stamps and all)

Art,
One is a burgundy that I have on the block but my minds eye just isn''t seeing something wonderful with it.

burgundy stingy brim?

Loving the "Savoy" ... thanks again.

SAVOYNO.jpg

spiridon

A-List Customer
Tudor....you lucky man!

That's a gorgeous hat you have there! ....and a big :eusa_clap to Art for another beautiful creation!

....WEEGEE, that street corner sure looks familiar.:D

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Colors...

Art Fawcett said:
Thanks again gents...your words continue to encourage me.
Fedoralover, your gonna make me count now eh??? off the top of my head I now have 13 colors. I received recently some new ones ( to me) that I'm on the fence over. One is a burgundy that I have on the block but my minds eye just isn''t seeing something wonderful with it. When I get a good mental pic of what I want I'll finish it & do some show & tell. The other two are winners..but I'm gonna make you wait till I finish them.
BTW..weren't we on for a May get together?

Hey Art,
Do you have anymore Moleskin and Hickory Wonder hat body's ...

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
sharptoys...you know thta art has the market cornered on Hickory Wonder !!!

nobody can produce a finer hat in a better color than that one !!!

mark the shoeshine boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran