Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VS Goodfellow

lc1484

One of the Regulars
I contacted Art and am starting the process of having him make me a hat...I decided on the Goodfellow...does anyone have this model? and if so can you share some pics of it....I think it is a very nice hat...and from everyone's hats I see on the FL....it won't be last for me from Art....his turn around now he says is about 14 weeks.

Larry:eusa_doh:

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Hoosier is a nice looking hat. There is another one of Art's limited editions called the Goodfellow that is similar in style to the Hoosier. Both are nice, but then all of Art's hats are, right?

Welcome to the lounge, Larry. You'll like it here.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Welcome! You got my attention with a new VS thread! If you want frank advise, I think a fedora with a brim turned down at the back is quite a daring choice. I am not sure how many hats you have already, but it is quite `theatrical`...I mean, it would look good in winter over a coat, or protecting from the elements (snow), but on a jacket and shirt it would be quite a statement. Ihave an Akubra (colonial/safari I think it is)...and the down turned back brim is quite difficult to wear...I mean it is a very distinct look. Just my thoughts...not trying to put you off...just to give it a good think over...and Art anyway can change the specs at any time before it goes `on the block`. I doubt if you will get any photo responses (only 3 sold), but if you look at the JAZZMAN thread a few away from this one, you will see what I mean by the difference between a turned down back brim, and a turned up...let us know what you think. In any case, you made a fine choice by narrowing it doen to Art.

lc1484

One of the Regulars
Thanks all, I'm up to 5 hats now and counting...my wife wonders what the sudden change from baseball caps to hats....I told her I was trying to get away from always wearing baseball caps....I wore brimmed hats in the late 80's and after my head grew some more (I realized that when you get older your feet and head get bigger) much to my dismay as I had some really good Tony Llama boots and some good cowboy hats that went away because of that...

I am also a SF cop and wear my service hat all the time...it is pretty beat up to the point I can roll it up and shove it in my sap pocket if I wanted to. I like to keep tradition alive where many have gone to baseball caps at work...

Is the Goodfellow a turn down brim in the rear too? I was only able to see the 2 pics on the site and it looked like the rear was turned up....

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
lc1484 said:
Thanks all, I'm up to 5 hats now and counting...my wife wonders what the sudden change from baseball caps to hats....I told her I was trying to get away from always wearing baseball caps....I wore brimmed hats in the late 80's and after my head grew some more (I realized that when you get older your feet and head get bigger) much to my dismay as I had some really good Tony Llama boots and some good cowboy hats that went away because of that...

I am also a SF cop and wear my service hat all the time...it is pretty beat up to the point I can roll it up and shove it in my sap pocket if I wanted to. I like to keep tradition alive where many have gone to baseball caps at work...

Is the Goodfellow a turn down brim in the rear too? I was only able to see the 2 pics on the site and it looked like the rear was turned up....

Art made me a hat that was based off of Nick Noltes hat in your Avatar. Though the color is bolder. Art can certainly make something befitting a Frisco cop:eusa_clap

duggap

Banned
lc1484 said:
I contacted Art and am starting the process of having him make me a hat...I decided on the Goodfellow...does anyone have this model? and if so can you share some pics of it....I think it is a very nice hat...and from everyone's hats I see on the FL....it won't be last for me from Art....his turn around now he says is about 14 weeks.

Larry:eusa_doh:
Ouch, about three weeks ago I ordered the Trackside in dark blue. Now you tell me I have to wait 14 weeks. I could be an old man by then. Withdrawals and addictions. How do I get myself into these messes. :eusa_doh:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
.......another revelation

.......I put in an order to Art as well, about the end of last month. I noted it went from 8 to 10 weeks around the time HandlebarBart placed an order...I wonder what he is ordering!? Rumour has it it is a very special hat... I told Art though not to feel too much pressure with the queue...his full recovery and overcoming quitting smoking are the most important things. I`ve reserved a Camel...the other details are secret!

duggap

Banned
Handlebar Bart

You are going to have to stop taking up all of Art's time. I don't know if I can survive waiting fourteen weeks to get a hat. I wonder if Art takes bribes.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart