Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vtg black Cafe Racer leather jacket, XL - XXL

Hello, Loungers!

Due to my everlasting s**t luck, for sale one old(er) leather motorcycle jacket, cafe racer style.

Tag is missing so it could be anything but I'm fairly certain it's one of the early Sears. I'm no expert by any stretch of imagination so I won't claim anything. I can however say that I never spotted this particular style before. Definitely of US manufacture. Perhaps more knowledgeable members can shed some light on this?

Talon no. 10 main (made in U.S.A., says so on the zip), Serval sleeve zips. Pocket zips are your classic Talon chain pulls. Heavier leather, quite thick, even more lovely. Think Aero HH weight, only softer and more pliable. Really nice hide. Quilted rayon lining. Cotton pocket lining.

All in all, a very nice kaff racer, on par with Schott or any other vtg brand I've handled.

So, this jacket is everything that I ever wanted from a CR - slanted chest pockets, full action back, zipper not going all the way down to the bottom hem, etc. - all the details are there, which is why I bought it.
For me, it was supposed to be the perfect jacket. You know, The One.
I instantly fell in love with it, even went through all the trouble of asking Ton here to help me out with the shipping as the seller wouldn't ship internationally (actually, it was Ton who went thru all the trouble with the shipping - thanks a million times, man! You rock! :D ) but unfortunately, the seller decided to completely screw up the measurements so I ended up with the jacket that I cannot wear. Figured straight away it'd be a size off - but not good four or five sizes too large. As it stands, there's like five inches of leather I can fold over all around so just no.

Condition: Leather is intact. Pliable, healthy all around. No smells, discoloration, etc. Super clean. Perfect. Stitching is good for the most part (cotton thread) except on the right sleeve zip and in the cuffs. Hardware's working just fine. Lining is most worn out and has been repaired. All in all, natural signs of wear, use and time but nothing that would in any way affect the wearability or the appearance of this jacket. You could have the zip stitching fixed easily and the jacket will provide you with another 30 years of wear.

Major issues (all seen in the photos):
Part of stitching missing from the right sleeve cuff
Small part of stitching missing from the sleeve zipper
Slightly rusted collar snaps (on the inside)
Repaired lining

Nothing damaged, ripped, stained, etc. though. I'm sure Ton can testify to that, as he has handled this jacket himself.

Asking what I paid for it, which is 70 bucks. If you're a bigger guy, and are after an awesome vintage CR, this one's it.

Size is XL - XXL or approx. US 46, but please see measurements.

Measurements...
P2P: 24" / 61 cm
Waist: 22.5" / 57 cm
Shoulders: 19.5" / 49 cm
Sleeves: 25.5" / 65 cm
Back: 26.5" / 67 cm

Would prefer to sell it in Europe, since it just got here from the States. Besides, the shipping overseas would cost you probably more than the jacket so... Shipping to Europe is 20 Euro. Internationally, please ask.

More photos inside:
http://s866.photobucket.com/user/DogLizard/library/Kaff Racer

Last edited:
So yeah, it's $70. Let's make a round number of 50 GBP or 60 EUR.

I paid 70 for the jacket, 70 for the shipping. Can't and won't expect to get all that back. The jacket's worth it, though. And if you're in Europe, hey, no import taxes / overseas shipping hustle. :D

Man such a bummer this one didn't work out...I can certainly speak to the quality having handled it...It's a very nice jacket and I thought the leather felt a bit closer to Vanson's stuff than Schott's...definately more sturdy than the naked stuff. This jacket is an absolute BARGAIN at his price.

Yep! It's around the same weight as Model A that I got, and the leather is definitely heavier than Schott.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is one sweet looking jacket! What a bummer it doesn't fit you, or me unfortunately. I'd be all over that in a second.

That is one sweet looking jacket! What a bummer it doesn't fit you, or me unfortunately. I'd be all over that in a second.

Yep. It's really nice. Would look no further if I haven't been cursed with jackets and this was close to my size. Not a thing that I would change on it, just a perfectly perfect CR.

I'll give it a week or so more. If there won't be any takers, I'll have it tailored. It's just such a nice jacket.

No longer for sale - I've decided to keep it. Found a tailor that's offered me some excellent options, since the jacket is great for me in the shoulders, neck and sleeves, slimming it down should be simple. The jacket is just too nice, leather moreso, detail-wise it checks every box for me so... I'm keeping it. Thanks for your interest! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy