Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waiting for 1st ebay win to show up...

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
And it's killing me! First time using pay-pal and I linked it to a bank account not debt-card, so it's taken more time to clear than it will to ship!

It's this hat....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230325616995 and while it looks to need some TLC, it also appears to be a good starter hat (and not the last).

If anyone cares to offer opinion, and also does it look like it'd be hard to turn into a tear drop? I don't like the look of center dents, but I like the silhouette they present. Maybe I should suck it up and realize that even though I don't like center dents, I won't see it on top of my head?

Anyways, few more days I'll get it, and post some pics; finally change my avatar to a different type of hat!

Macheath

One of the Regulars
A center dent is pretty much the simplest crease you can put on a fedora, and by virtue of the fact that a center dent is as close to unmodified as you can be, you shouldn't have any trouble converting it into a teardrop. I've even done it on some wool felt fedoras that I have.

Looks like you have a winner here. Sweat bands don't cost much to repair/replace, there aren't any visible blemishes. Great find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic