Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wallets

MB5

One of the Regulars
Mine is the size of a file cabinet. I am pretty sure it is made to hold a passport, but it works great for everyday use. I just measured it at 5.5"x4.25"

radman46

New in Town
Front Pocket Wallet

I ended up buying a front pocket wallet. I am right handed and have never used my left pocket, ever. I use the front pocket wallet in the left pocket, cell and keys in the right. After two months the jury is still out if I like it. The front pocket wallet only holds a couple of cards, insurance card and cash on a money clip to the outside of the wallet. I kept my old wallet for free lunch punch cards and all the other 'stuff' we seem to gather in our wallets. In fact I have been carrying both the last few days. So I may be worse off now I am carrying two wallets. At least the one on the hip is half the size it once was. LOL

Wallet overload

I have a ballistic nylon wallet bifold from "Assault Systems" that is about 20 years old. Other than a few tiny frays it is nearly new still and it goes thru the washer just fine.

The key is not to allow too many items to be loaded in there so it becomes a squared off baseball in your back pocket. Empty it weekly! Receipts and ATM statment do not belong in there. All of my club and discount cards are in my truck's glove compartment. My wallet is down to cash folding money, atm card, credit card, driver's license, and a couple of business cards to hand out. That way the wallet stays slim, thin and light in weight.

I do have one of the long breast pocket wallets for my suit, and that is simply classic billfold time.

Simplify and cut down on the drag.

Although ask me about my keys, that is a whole 'nother story!

Lord Jagged

New in Town
I have a nice Launer pigskin wallet. Its a slim long wallet for my breast pocket. Great warm colour too.

logo.gif

Travis

Suspended
I carry a tiny card holder in my back pocket, there's a spot on one side for my license and a spot on the other side for business cards, which I use to hold my ID card for work and my debit card. It was like 98 cents at Wal Mart and takes up far less room than a standard wallet. I keep my money in a money clip in my front pocket.

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
Try an All-Ett

It's not retro and it's not fashionable, but I've been carrying an All-Ett for years. It's made of synthetic sail cloth and arranges the cards differently than most wallets.

I first bought an All-Ett at the Del Mar Fair and transferred everything from my leather wallet while I was standing there. I'm telling you, it took inches off my caboose!

See http://www.all-ett.com/ or call 800-642-2226. (And, no, this is not a paid endorsement.)

Now, although the All-Ett did make my seating more comfortable, I also cut down on the crap I was carrying as John suggested. Then a few years ago I started carrying my folding money in a money clip. It's easier to peel off a few bills from the wad than fish them out of the wallet, IMHO.

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
I went on a wallet purge recently...as in, I bought new, very slim little "front pocket wallet", and then took everything out of my old wallet and *left it out*. I'm carrying driver's license, bank card, AmEx and insurance card. That's it. All the others stay at home unless I need to use one, then I take it with me. Money in a front pocket (and I need a money clip...suggestions?)

And I'm finding...I didn't need to have all that crap with me 99% of the time...I had all sorts of stuff in my old wallet...credit cards I was never using, pilot's license (you know, in case I stumbled across a plane at my office and needed to fly it :) ), pictures, business cards, and on and on.

My new wallet is so slim it's invisible in my back pocket. No more ruined trousers for this guy!

Mindraker

Familiar Face
I bought a wallet when I went to Mexico with my family in 7th grade... it fell apart in 2 months. My parents then bought me a black wallet in K-Mart, and 17 years later, that cheap wallet is just beginning to show signs of wanting to fall apart. [huh]

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I've been using an Eastman leather wallet for years now and it's superb. They use the same leather used for their leather reproduction WWII jackets and the wallet fits perfectly in the pocket of an A-2. The stitching is drab green which looks beatiful aginst the brown leather, and the Aircorps insignia is beautiful.

So far I haven't wanted another style wallet since carrying around this piece.

walletopen.jpg

walletgroup.jpg

poetman

A-List Customer
I've never been found of wallets. I tend to be more of a minimalist with "things," and wallets just feel like unnecessary material and bulk to me. I opt for a money clip instead: always elegant, always slim. I put some essential cards in the middle: 2 credit cards, 2 ids, and 2 others, then the cash folds over the cards. I would look for a clip that has a mechanism to adjust to the size of your cash. I would discourage a clip that is merely a folded piece of metal: http://www.sheplers.com/item.cfm?TID=023674&DI=283183&SOURCE=NEXTAG&color=03

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

www.all-ett.com

It's not classically styled. It's not leather. It's not particularly cool.

But it's thin, and I hardly know I'm carrying it. I don't think I'll ever go back to a traditional wallet.

chucklehead

A-List Customer
time for a new wallet, what do you recommend?

time for a new wallet, I need lots of credit card type slots what do you recommend?

filson?
bosca?
coach?
dupont?
dunhill?
mulholland brothers?
prada?
cartier?
other?

[huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh]

invention13

New in Town
Coach

Among my personal favorites are the coach buffalo skin wallets. It gets a really nice patina the longer you own it and the leather is really durable. It is also tan/ochre colored - not black. I notice that nowadays they put their logo on the outside (ughhh!) though.

DerMann

Practically Family
I found a brown Tommy Hilfiger b-fold wallet for less than $20 at Marshalls. Splendid wallet, apart from the metal plate on the front with the brand name D:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The "Right Stuff Wallet" sold by J Peterman is quite nice. A fine color, and very thin. I just got one a couple of weeks ago - BUT - I didn't get it from Mr. Peterman. If you do some digging around, you'll find out where Peterman's wallets come from, and you can get it for 80% off. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy