Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanna Meet a Lounger?

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
We stayed in the bars on the course........well, it'd be rude to walk away from the Guinness! And then stopped off in the pub opposite the railway station, don't ask me what the name of it was......!

The Midland :eek:hwell: Well, if we should meet up I'll take you into town. The bars there serve Guiness and are much... um... nicer lol

Don't be nervous, you'll be fine, it's a great event! Have you got your tickets sorted yet, what day are you going on?
I'm not sure. I'm tagging along with my mother and her husband :eek: so they're organising the tickets.

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
The Midland :eek:hwell: Well, if we should meet up I'll take you into town. The bars there serve Guiness and are much... um... nicer lol

I'm not sure. I'm tagging along with my mother and her husband :eek: so they're organising the tickets.

Yes, I should imagine they are. We were in the hospitality area, but some of the other bars do get a little....um....interesting, later on in the afternoon! *lol*

Ha ha, like the :eek: face! Don't hold back on your outfit, those that turn up in "civvies", are in the 5% minority - trust me!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
lol rue!!! Just saw that you wanted to meet me!!

Trust me, I will have you laughing. I say the craziest stuff and I'm not afraid to make an idiot of myself (I'll just admit it -- no use in hiding it!)

And then we can do hair and makeup and sew dresses.

rue

lol rue!!! Just saw that you wanted to meet me!!

Trust me, I will have you laughing. I say the craziest stuff and I'm not afraid to make an idiot of myself (I'll just admit it -- no use in hiding it!)

And then we can do hair and makeup and sew dresses.

Well, of course lol Who wouldn't? You crack me up daily lol

I'd love for you to teach me how to sew :D

Marla

A-List Customer
There are many Loungers whom I'd like to meet, but unfortunately I live hundreds of miles away from my favorite Loungers.

Old Rogue

Practically Family
:eeek:

Okay...... I think I have it (I know I forgot someone), so in no particular order and I might add to it:

AtomicEraTom :)p), James Powers, Lincsong (I think :p), Dan'l, Geiamama, NW Trojan, Black Dahlia, Danny O, Old Rogue, roadierfl, Berlin, Big Man, Paddy, Widebrim, Edward, Tiller, Harp, MartinSantos, Feraud, John in Covina, Wally_Hood, Diamondback, Fletch, Lizziemaine, Lady Day, Tatum, Tomasso, Scottyrocks, The Good, MikeBravo, Ohairas, Amy Jeanne, LolitaHaze, Sheeplady, Bopeep, Drappa, Romy Overdrop, SheBear74, MissTuppence, Miss Sofia, I Adore Film Noir, Miss Golightly and last but not definitely not least Scotrace :)

And even though I got here after they stopped posting: MK and Marc Chevalier

Wait.... was there a limit? ;)

It's an honor to make your list Rue, and the feeling is mutual! :)

Although I'd most like to meet those that I've talked to fairly regularly in here (guess that's kind of an obvious sentiment), I'm really having trouble thinking of anyone that I've spoken to or even just read their posts that I wouldn't enjoy meeting. So many kindred spirits, so little time!

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Ohh what a fun thread this is!
I see I've been mentioned a few times. Got me all shy. :eek:
I have more than 5 in my list, actually, that I would absolutely love to meet, and I hope I will one day in the future!

Let's see:
(Not in particular order)

AtomicEraTom
Rue
Tatum
Romy (Let's see to it !)
Flat Foot Floey
Mario
Paddy
Miss Tuppence
Sproily
Paddy
Dan'l
MartinSantos

I can actually go on, and on, and on. But I already crossed the limit by far.

Yes, we should! That'll be so great :D

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Only five? Uhm...Ok I met Mario in Berlin and Sproily in Finland. Both are really great guys and I want to meet them again soon(!)

Away from them I think people who are also on my facebook list would come first...just to make sure we have more to talk than just clothes.

Berlin
Doran
Edward
Nick D.
Paddy

But there are dozens more I would like to chat with

martinsantos

Practically Family
I would love to meet in person a lot of loungers! (and thanks to those who nominated me - I greatly apreciated!)

After years exchanging correspondence, and met dozens of people who I knew only by writing, I can assure it's a very fine experience.

My biggest trouble about finding loungers is that I'm the only one from Brazil, at least in activity. If I get a chance to travel, certainly we (me and my wife) would try to meet some! (but now I'm just dreaming about 2 weeks of hollidays! 7 years since last time I did something like this, far from all daily troubles!)

One Too Many
I would love to meet in person a lot of loungers! (and thanks to those who nominated me - I greatly apreciated!)

After years exchanging correspondence, and met dozens of people who I knew only by writing, I can assure it's a very fine experience.

My biggest trouble about finding loungers is that I'm the only one from Brazil, at least in activity. If I get a chance to travel, certainly we (me and my wife) would try to meet some! (but now I'm just dreaming about 2 weeks of hollidays! 7 years since last time I did something like this, far from all daily troubles!)
En México somos 3 miembros del salón de fedora, y al menos yo, también he querido encontrar a algún miembro más para tomar una fotografía y publicarla aquí mismo, saludos desde México

Travel and getting to meet people that you sort of know is a great thing. Unfortunately I haven't had the ability to combine the two for quite some time. But it is one of the reasons that looking over the Events Section is a good thing to do. Events section usually has Events like an actual Fedora Lounge get - together or it may have a really nice event that fits the vintage theme like a swing dance event or a vintage car show.

However, you will find that a member is going to be traveling to someplace and can post a thread to make the announcement to see if anyone can meet up of has suggestions as to what to do while there. You may get to say hi or play host for a day when someone makes there way near by your area.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I've seen this type of thread over the years in various fora. The popularity thread. It has been found to be unconducive to a healthy body politic. Usually locked within a few pages.............

I've seen this type of thread over the years in various fora. The popularity thread. It has been found to be unconducive to a healthy body politic. Usually locked within a few pages.............

With 46 pages and posts numbering over 450 we must be doing something OK. Popularity is a fact of life, in high school and college it may have been the football team and cheerleaders in one side and the academians (sp?) on another side. It can be the guy that has the best parties or the really cute girl but here I think it tends to be more about people that bring good information to the group, people that can make a conversation interesting, and people that bring a the idea of helping others to the mix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points