Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanna Meet a Lounger?

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
I'd like to meet just about anyone here. I hardly have any friends, because mine grew apart from me, and I don't have any friends face-to-face as passionate about the golden era as me. The closest thing I get is psychobilly people, which isn't very close. They are cool too though.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
:eusa_doh: Oooh, I'm sorry Holly, and no, you're not forgettable! My brain is only capable of so many names at one moment and well, my brain pooted and... yeah.

You're special Holly, I shall never forget you!

=WR=
Ah thanks, I was just givin' ya a hard time. You're unforgettable too.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
GOK, for being very sweet about all my risqué cracks.
Baron Kurtz, for his take on matters cultural and sartorial.
missjoeri, because she's the perfect picture.
max the cat, because that cat is a hep cat.
LizzieMaine, for being an awful lot like me, only female.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
That's a tough one...

Ladies first:
Jitterbugdoll - because she would fit in so nicely with my Spitfire.
Gok because she is....sweet(???);)
Caledonia because I have always enjoyed her posts. (And fell for her avatar the first time I saw it):eek:

And the gents:
Story because he knows things
Carebear becaus we've shared some good posts
Tony in Tarzana becaus I think he's a dresserking.
Doc Devereux because of his humor.
Fletch because we would need a saxplayer...
man the list goes on and on. This is not fair:eusa_doh:

GOK

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
As long as it is a diet Coke.

In that case, might I pre-order one with no ice for the end of the month please? :D

I think it would be most unladylike to name names and confess whom I'd really like to meet; suffice it to say they know who they are ;) I will say however, that I am really looking forward to the London gathering!

And thank you to Spitfire and Fletch! You're both fab men! :D

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I'm always astounded how grounded this internet-community is. 3 cheers.

I'm still in the hope-to-meet-one-of-ya-someday boat. It is a pretty lonely ship, but spirits are still high.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Jack Scorpion said:

I'm still in the hope-to-meet-one-of-ya-someday boat. It is a pretty lonely ship, but spirits are still high.

I'm around Hollywood quite often! Some of the loungers were there only a few days ago. Where were you? haha

I want to meet EVERYONE on the Lounge. Plain and simple and I am going to try! I've met about 40 of you so far. 3,951 to go.

But if I had to choose five, it would be five loungers who are not loungers when I first meet them. They would become loungers afterwards.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jack Scorpion said:

Hollywood(land)? You're in the center of the action, whether you know it or not. Phillipe's, Farmer's Market and Oviatt's spring to mind, and there are a ton of others. Add two or three fellow Loungers and let the good times roll!

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
happyfilmluvguy said:
I'm around Hollywood quite often! Some of the loungers were there only a few days ago. Where were you? haha

Tony in Tarzana said:
Hollywood(land)? You're in the center of the action, whether you know it or not. Phillipe's, Farmer's Market and Oviatt's spring to mind, and there are a ton of others. Add two or three fellow Loungers and let the good times roll!

I dwell in Hollywoodland, but I live closer to downtown Culver City, not that the distance is very far. I am simply hesitant to meet people for the first time. My own awkwardness and introverted ways are at fault, not any mistrust of you fine folk. However, invite me and I'll be there.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Fletch for comedic purposes
Jitterbug Doll for fashion and make-up advice
RetroModel Sari so I could practice my terrible German on her!
GOK because she seems like such a sweet person...

...as does everyone else here (backpeddles furiously):eek:

And Canada Doll, to give her the Irish university experience.

But I'd be honoured and delighted to meet any fellow vintage enthusiast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy