Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanna Meet a Lounger?

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
The Fedora Lounge version of Real Life---Real Vintage. Starring Wildroot, Matt Deckard, MK, Lauren Henline, Tony in Tarzana, Hemingway, Daisy, Jitterbugdoll and a host of other members.
I'd watch it. :D
Here ya go :D (from another thread, where Rosie posted a site that lets you take random clips from old black & white B-rate foreign films, paste them together, and make up subtitles)

temp_itsa_wonderful_lounge.jpg

to play: http://www.grapheine.com/classiktv/classiktv_play.php?id=30566

Swing High,
- C H

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow! My name got mentioned!!!

jitterbugdoll said:
Wow, I feel so honored to have been mentioned here :eek: Needless to say, I would be thrilled to meet everyone who added me to their list, as I think they are a swell group of people.

But I have to say, it would be too hard to narrow it down to only five people--there are so many great members here that I don’t think I could choose so few a number.

I do have to say that the people I have met in real life have been just as wonderful in person as they seemed to be on the boards. That includes Wild Root (a true gentleman with impeccable taste), decodoll (a complete sweetheart), filmnoirphotos (one talented and amazing guy) and LolitaHaze (witty and very fun to pal around with.) I haven’t met DixonCannon personally (or rather, I didn’t realize it was him at the time when he took my photo at the USO), but we have similar interests and I’d like to officially meet him again. Based on these experiences, I am very pleased to be attending the Queen Mary event as I know I will meet some great folks while there :)

And by the prettiest Jitterbugdoll on the dance floor, too! I'm dead chuffed!..my hat size just expanded! ;)
-dixon cannon

S

Samsa

Only five? That's a tough one. I'll try.

1. You. Mainly because of the thousands of posts you've made. Anyone with that much interest in vintage everything has to be interesting.

2. Matt Deckard. See above.

3. Tony in Tarzana. For sense of humor - plus, he seems like an all around affable guy.

4. Lizzie Maine. I don't think I need to explain this one.

5. Polyhistor. I've exchanged a handful of letters with him (started by the "Correspondence" thread), and we share similar interests.

To be quite honest, though, I'd like to meet all of you (though this is wildly unrealistic). Other candidates include (but are not limited to): Senator Jack, Lolita Haze, Lady Day... I could go on and on.

Tony in Tarzana

Annd to all the folks who didn't get mentioned, I'd love to partake of the beverage of your choice with all of you.

Including the ones who are at this moment muttering "There's that S.O.B. who outbid me for that hat!" lol

DronesDodz

One of the Regulars
hmmmmm...that's a tough call, especially since there are a lot of cool and nice people on the board here.
Okay just from my short time experience here,
1. ITG,
because she gave me a warm welcome here and likes the bagpipes.
2. RetroModelSari,
because she seems to be a very cool gal (very attractive too If I might add) and a bonus she comes from good old Deutschland like me :D
3. Major Nick.Danger,
because he is very cultural diverse, likes the bagpipes and I had some very nice conversations here on the board with him.
4.Lancelot,
because he just lives around the corner.
5. Daisy Buchanan,
for helping me out and giving me advise to purchase the right nylon stockings for my wife, plus she seems to be a very cool person to hang around with.

There would be more people but you said only 5, so there you go!
Christoph

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I feel very fortunate to have met many of the people here, which helps to narrow my list down but not enough.

1. Paddy (a dear friend and kindred spirit)
2. The bartenders I haven't met yet.
3. fortworthgal & rubyredlocks (fellow Texans)
4. Rosie (fellow teacher)
5. Indy Magnoli (an amazing prop maker)
6. All the other people I haven't met yet (I just can't narrow it to five.)

fortworthgal said:
There is no way I can select only five!

2. rubyredlocks
8. ITG
And we're in the postion where we can make that happen. I'd really love to meet you soon too.

Wild Root said:
For those who I have met and didn’t mention, it’s not that I don’t think your great, it’s just that I can’t think of your names at the moment! I have never met a lounger I didn’t like!

=WR=
Hey Wildroot, am I that forgetable? :p

Lancealot

Practically Family
Let's see only five.....

1. The Wolf (similar interests in radio shows and old pulp stories)
2. ITG (gave me a warm welcome and similar interests in vintage,Star Wars and Indiana Jones)
3. DronesDodz (right around the corner)
4. Lolita Haze (sounds like she has a wicked sense of humor)
5. MK (the man in charge and seems like an all around likeable guy)

Wild Root

Gone Home
ITG said:
Hey Wildroot, am I that forgetable? :p

:eusa_doh: Oooh, I'm sorry Holly, and no, you're not forgettable! My brain is only capable of so many names at one moment and well, my brain pooted and... yeah.

You're special Holly, I shall never forget you!

=WR=

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Everyone

Vintage Jess...(have you read her blogs? To DIE for!)

Matt Deckard. I hear he buys the first drink:eusa_clap

Sharpie... I love a true hero, and love adventure stories. I like straight shooters.

ZOHAR! Chatted with you for two years over the phone, it's time to meet!

Daisy, Quigley, Duane, Aaron, Hem, The Bartenders, Steve Delk, ...God...all of you who have PM'ed me or chatted...

The entire COMMUNITY of the LOUNGE is filled with INTELLECTUAL folks who I would be thrilled to spend an evening with over a drink discussing EVERYTHING!

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Hopefully someday I'll finally be able to meet up with the Los Angeles Loungers... and the gals who can whip up their own clothes~ now that's art!:)

Daisy Buchanan

DronesDodz said:
5. Daisy Buchanan,
for helping me out and giving me advise to purchase the right nylon stockings for my wife, plus she seems to be a very cool person to hang around with.

There would be more people but you said only 5, so there you go!
Christoph
Hey thank you Drones, I'm glad I could be of some asistance to you. It would be a pleasure to meet you as well:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy