Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanna Meet a Lounger?

Caledonia

Practically Family
herringbonekid said:
i was having a similar queasy feeling too (except in england it was 5-a-side football). i never got picked then either. it's funny how little changes. the popular extroverts group together. the outsiders pride themselves on being misunderstood and different. THANKS Marc for igniting this bit of bittersweet nostalgia. [huh]

where's my copy of 'catcher in the rye' ?

My nightmare was the school dance practice sessions during gym class. And then at the event. Miss Wallflower. Just awful! :( Didn't mind not getting picked for hockey teams though. All that running about in the cold and rain getting whacked with bits of wood. Brrrrr. So, I was a tad trepidatious about this thread too, but what the heck. Just fall back on the old adage:

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, think I'll go and eat worms!:D

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Caledonia said:
Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, think I'll go and eat worms!:D

what are you griping about ? you got namechecked ! ;)

at the annual primary school christmas dance me and another girl would always pick each other. we had nothing to do with each other the rest of the year, but there was an unspoken almost unconscious agreement that at every dance we would be partners.

Caledonia

Practically Family
herringbonekid said:
what are you griping about ? you got namechecked ! ;)

at the annual primary school christmas dance me and another girl would always pick each other. we had nothing to do with each other the rest of the year, but there was an unspoken almost unconscious agreement that at every dance we would be partners.

Yes, but I had to search long and hard with all the accompanying sweaty palm feelings! :D Hey I just realised:

My top person to meet would be Herringbonekid. Such a great guy!

Now you're namechecked. ;)

Caledonia

Practically Family
You're lucky. When I used to live in't hole in't road, the roadmenders used to tarmac me in just to avoid saying hello!

Wild Root

Gone Home
In all truth, I'd be honored to meet any of you here! I'm that kind of guy, I'm always happy to meet Fedora Lounge members!

So, if your names weren't on my list, know that I'm not playing any favorites... it's just that there are so many here on the Lounge that it's hard to meet everyone!

=WR=

VintageJess said:
[*]AndyKev, Scotrace, Cousin Hepcat, and James Powers--all real gentlemen who are incredibly kind and decent people
[/LIST]

Why thank you. :eek: My head is going to get big and i can't afford that with my current head size. :p
I would like to meet everyone. I can hoinestly say we have quite a cross section of people from all over the world and from different points of view. It keeps us from being too monolithic in our thinking and style. Many times I have thought that there were some good points being made or have been introduced to things I would have never found or thought of on my own. :eusa_clap

Regards,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
Just buy some Cactus Cooler for JP and he'll be your best friendlol

I've said it before and I'll say it again, each and every member I have met have been nothing short of polite and genuine people! I never have any fear of meeting someone from this site! Other online communities are very scary and aren't safe... this place is safe! The one place on the net that is truly unlike the rest of the world!

=WR=

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
A tough decision to nail down five, but here's a list of this evening's choices:

1: Senator Jack, for similar reasons. To swap gig stories and share a mutual respect for the bartender's art. Somehow I don't see this ending before breakfast.

2: Marc Chevalier, since we seem to bounce jokes off each other pretty well. Perhaps we should apologise (or issue earplugs) to anyone else at the meeting, though, just to be safe.

3: All the ladies of the Lounge, because I'm an incorrigable flirt (and with that much glamour around I wouldn't need much incorrigement!).

4: Oh stuff this. Frankly I'd be interested to meet pretty much everyone here, I think, for a wide variety of reasons. Jamespowers for extra punning mayhem, Wild Root for the education, and the enormous variety of viewpoints, knowledge and experiences that make this place so interesting in the first place. Why else would I be considering a six thousand-mile flight to spend two nights on a permanently moored ship*?

* Although if everything goes according to plan I might be able to get some work done while I'm in LA.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Absolutely - there's a world out there just waiting to be taken over.

Muahahahahaha![/QUOTE]

Super villains... Ya gotta love 'em a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy