Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanna Meet a Lounger?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Mrs. Joie DeVive

Joie DeVive said:
Well, I certainly qualify. However, I presume that you are seeking a Miss not a Mrs. (I am guessing with romantic intentions) Since I'm the later, I guess I don't quite fit the bill after all... ;)

You are breaking my heart!:cry: A Christian vintage gal who was also a teacher like me. I'll never get over this...Know any girls like you in Los Angeles?;)

Pip

A-List Customer
The Man, The Legend, The One And Only!

Never forget

0814080446.jpg

;)

I think my list would be endless on who I'd like to meet, but I think Darrrhling's list sums it up more or less. But meet her instead of myself obviously lol

alexandra

Practically Family
TheKitschGoth said:
He says he will, he'll have you anyway you fancy. lol

"Fedora Lounge - Making romance happen" ;)

On topic though
I want to meet,
Dollydaydream - and actually get to talk! (I was on the wine a bit much at Pride)
Alexandra
Smuterella
Darhling

What'd be really fun would be to meet all of you at once, and just watching the ensuing madness :D

Thank you for wanting to meet me. The sting of rejection is no more!

But really, it would be quite fun to meet all of you. It's a shame there's so few of us around me.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
Ooh, thank you, Sian Kisses, no one ever wants to meet me :)

I want to meet all of you - the retro/vintage thing here is not a lively scene, but the swing dancing is (both young and old), so there's hope.

If anyone wants to come visit the picturesque Central Coast of California, let me know!

I'd like to meet ya! you look like you'd be a blast to be around, and fun friend to have, heck I'd like to meet everybody though, anybody in the southern CA area that doesn't have anything to do on a Monday or Tuesday especially lol since those are my days off hehe

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Widebrim said:
You are breaking my heart!:cry: A Christian vintage gal who was also a teacher like me. I'll never get over this...Know any girls like you in Los Angeles?;)

Awww! What a sweet thing to say! I'm not sure I've ever been called a heart-breaker before. ;) lol

Sorry, I really don't know very many people in the LA area, and those I do know, are married and aren't vintage.
However, my best friend in the whole world is in the Bay Area and single, though she's not vintage, and I'm not sure she'd appreciate a set up.. :eusa_doh: lol

Ah well. But I will say I'd like to meet you anyway.

Ben

One of the Regulars
I hope I will get the chance to meet Retrogirl1941 tomorrow. She is in town, but I don't know that we will get our schedules to match up.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Next January 09...

All being well when MK (the forum owner) comes on his annual pilgrimage to London we will be able to have a soiree one evening when there is usually an official Lounge Dinner. Look forward to seeing some old faces and newer members there!! :D

Inky

One Too Many
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
I'd like to meet ya! you look like you'd be a blast to be around, and fun friend to have, heck I'd like to meet everybody though, anybody in the southern CA area that doesn't have anything to do on a Monday or Tuesday especially lol since those are my days off hehe

Thanks VaVaVoom!! I'd love to meet ya too!!

We get down to LA LA Land sometimes, my folks still live behind the Orange Curtain.

We are pondering that Queen Mary Fedora event....mebbe :) I"m not sure my duds are up to snuff for the Queen though. I went there for a prom in (cough) 1976, and again stayed overnight for an anniversary in the early 80's. Lovely ship.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
We are pondering that Queen Mary Fedora event....mebbe :) I"m not sure my duds are up to snuff for the Queen though. I went there for a prom in (cough) 1976, and again stayed overnight for an anniversary in the early 80's. Lovely ship.

Bah....please realise...its -never- about the clothes, its about the people.

Seriously.

Inky

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Bah....please realise...its -never- about the clothes, its about the people.

Seriously.

Thanks Miss N - i didn't mean the my clothes weren't up to the events, but being on board the old Queen herself :)

My family has a little bitty tie to the ship, my great-Uncle Nicholas was transported to Britain during WWII on board the Queen when she was known as The Gray Ghost. We took him there to see her in the 80's and it was a very emotional day for him and our family. It would make it all the more special to attend a fun event on her again.

Actually it sounds like great fun and I was going to talk to the Mister about it tonight.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
Thanks Miss N - i didn't mean the my clothes weren't up to the events, but being on board the old Queen herself :)

Actually it sounds like great fun and I was going to talk to the Mister about it tonight.

If the Queen tolerates Drunken Marine balls...and people in all sorts of attire...I am sure she would welcome you, as a reasonably dressed lady, with open arms.

Good...at least come down for part of things!

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
Thanks VaVaVoom!! I'd love to meet ya too!!

We get down to LA LA Land sometimes, my folks still live behind the Orange Curtain.

I plan on going and I have no actual period style clothing as I just cannot afford such luxeries, and I can only sew by hand so carpel tunnel won't allow a whole wardrobe or even a blouse! lol I just want to meet people with like interests and maybe make some new friends while havin a blast. I hope to see you there if you make it :) along with the rest of ya.

edit: :)of course I will dress as appropriately as possible for the event, just won't be as authentic as I'd like.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ben said:
I hope I will get the chance to meet Retrogirl1941 tomorrow. She is in town, but I don't know that we will get our schedules to match up.
Oh I hope so! What a sweetheart! :D
I've also met Moby, Senator Jack, Dr. Shocker, Goldwyn Girl, LolitaHaze, Maxwell DeMille, Lincsong, hargist, Doh!, Futura Girl, davebrownhats, and someone else I can't recall the name. And my dear patrick1987, although I met him before he was a Lounger so I'm not sure if that counts. ;)

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
dollydaydream said:
We should have a shrine for Charles! lol lol

Chad - Is that you in you're pic? I'm afraid I could never meet you, I woud be such an embarrassment with such a handsome thing as yourself.

Otherwise I'll be number 3 ;)

Geez, how creepy do I sound...?

That is me in the picture! You just made my day! Thank You!!!!
You are now #3!!!

1. SweetieStar
2. Darhling
3. Dollydaydream
4. ?
5. ?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Ladies I would like to meet:
BegintheBeguin, Nashoba(where are you?), Fleur de Guerre, Mojito and the lovely HadleyH are top of mind.
But there are propably many more.:eusa_doh: (Sorry if I forgot YOU!)

And for the guys.
Well more or less all the guys in the Irvin Flying Cirkus:
dHermann1, Rufus, Paddy, BellyT., Alan Eardley(where are you?), Aswatland, Windsock and Smithy (Looking foreward to the pints next week, mate)
Baron K, Story...among others. phew...there are too many.

I want to meet you all!!!!

:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy