Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Want to have Fred & Ginger live in your house?

Shirin

A-List Customer
I stumbled upon this site where they auction off Star memorabilia. Among the lots I found some very exciting things.
Hollywood Wax museum was offering Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers from Top Hat. (RKO, 1935) posed in their famous "Cheek to Cheek" dance routine. Fred wears a black tuxedo, white shirt and vest, and bow tie and Ginger wears a pink dress and white satin gloves. Each figure stands approximately 6 ft. tall. $3,000 - $5,000
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6314299

I'm assuming they're sold?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
hmm, I'll pass. I think they look more like caricatures of them than what they really look like.

Shirin said:
I stumbled upon this site where they auction off Star memorabilia. Among the lots I found some very exciting things.
Hollywood Wax museum was offering Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers from Top Hat. (RKO, 1935) posed in their famous "Cheek to Cheek" dance routine. Fred wears a black tuxedo, white shirt and vest, and bow tie and Ginger wears a pink dress and white satin gloves. Each figure stands approximately 6 ft. tall. $3,000 - $5,000
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6314299

I'm assuming they're sold?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I think Ginger was much prettier than that :eek:

Mannequins and wax figures can either be surprisingly life-like, or astonishingly hideous.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

There was a time in the 1980s when the Hollywood Max Museum stopped making their mannequins out of wax. Instead, the heads and hands were made of foam rubber. Vandals then began to twist the noses, earns and fingers off of them.

Considering how hideous these new mannequins were anyway, the damage didn't make them look much worse.

BTW, Movieland Wax Museum, which closed 4 years ago, always had much better mannequins, including A LOT from the silent movie days. (Who even remembers those ancient flicks -- except us?)

Here are the Fred & Ginger from Movieland Wax Museum:

Movieland_Wax_Museum_Buena_Park_Cal.jpg

And some others:

Brigitte_Bardot_Movieland_Wax_Museu.jpg

Gina_Lollobrigida_Movieland_Wax_Mus.jpg

Greta_Garbo_Movieland_Wax_Museum_Bu.jpg

Movieland_Wax_Museum_Buena_Park_-4.jpg

Movieland_Wax_Museum_Buena_Park_-1.jpg

Sunset_Boulevard_Gloria_Swanson_Mov.jpg

The_Keystone_Cop_Movieland_Wax_Muse.jpg

Movieland_Wax_Museum_Buena_Park_CA_.jpg

The_Thin_Man_Movieland_Wax_Museum_B.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
It's weird to think that back in the '60s, when the wax museum opened, its visitors were still very much aware of silent films and early talkies -- and wanted to see those now-forgotten stars recreated.

Makes you realize that 40 years from now, practically no one will remember (much less want to see) the big "household word" stars and movies of the '70s, no matter how good they were.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Wow, Marc! Those are amazing photos!

That's what I mean by good wax figures lol Especially the ones of Sophia Loren and William Powell! Holy moley!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80