Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Beater fedora.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Hey folks,

I have a dilemma that I think the Lounge might be able to help me solve.

I work outdoors on an A-26 Invader at the local air museum on Saturdays. I hate ballcaps but don't have a fedora I'd risk sweating into, getting grease / solvent / abrasions / oil on. I need something to protect my neck and scalp...the last two work days, I've suffered a 'racing stripe', a sunburn right down the part in my hair.

Any one got a beat-looking fedora (think Bogie in 'High Sierra') they want to offload? My gasket size is 7-1/8. Don't care about color, I just need to protect my neck, face, and scalp! Dark would be preferred to hide stains, of course.

Thanks!

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
another solution Wingnut is you could pick up a cheap New York Hat Co fedora for about 25 then you wouldn't care what happens to it

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I don't have any small ones anymore.

I have a 7 1/4 Stetson in mint condition....If Art was still in town, it would be a snap to downsize. Of course, tons of his hats flew away during the auction for cheap. I'll check my boxes, but I think my smallest is 7 1/4. Of course, if you are slightly over a "1/8"...or don't mind wads of sizing under the brim...

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
PM me with your mailing address. I have a Biltmore fur felt teardrop narrow band gray that's in pretty good shape but is faded and has a really nice sweat stained brim. I'll give you the hat free, but it'll cost me probably around $10.00 to send, maybe cheaper. I'll trust you for the shipping.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
I've got a couple grey vintage fedoras in that size. They have a few moth holes and could use a cleaning. They're from the forties. Good size crown and brim, lots of sun space. Same as Biltmore Bob, just charge ya for the shipping. PM me if you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy