Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Light taupe or tan fedora w/ black ribbon, 7-3/8

Lawrence Ullman

New in Town
Anyone have a nice light tan or taupe vintage felt fedora with a black (or at least dark) ribbon you're not wearing and would like to sell? I'm a 7-3/8 (59). Stetson, Dobbs, Knox . . . any decent brand will do. I'm 6'2", so a reasonably tall crown and a brim of at least 2" is what I'm seeking.

Lawrence Ullman

New in Town
See the Art Fawcett above or look into an Akubra Fed in the tan format.

Welcome to the Lounge,

Sam

That Fawcett is a seriously beautiful hat, but too rich for my blood. Ditto for the collectable Whippets, Stratos, Borsos, and other "named" hats that cause feeding frenzies on eBay. Just a clean vintage Dobbs or a basic Stetson; I need to keep it around $100 or less.

I'm sure I'd love an Akurba, but there's just something about a vintage hat . . . .

I've never considered a long oval - think one would fit a guy whom regular 7-3/8s fit perfectly?

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, I have a Dobbs Executive that's in mint condition. 2 3/8 brim with a center dent crown. Color is what your looking for, but it has a contrasting olive ribbon 1 1/4, that looks very sharp. I am asking 150.00 for this hat.
PM if you are interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80