Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Men's military grooming brush

MB5

One of the Regulars
Just one or a matched set?

My local Sally has a reinforced one, but it looks to be synthetic augmented by natural more than a reinforced natural bristle.

I can try to find out when they are getting more of the natural bristle ones or if you want to try the p/n for the Firm Military Boar Brush by Brush Strokes is 217518 (127021530000199).

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Jovan said:
I may have found something on Amazon, actually, but not sure if the price is good or just cheap. Both $4, both natural bristle, one soft and one firm.

Drugstore.com has one for $13 that they advertise as being natural bristle.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I have two military brushes now. One I purchased from Sally Beauty Supply for three bucks; the other I bought from drugstore.com for $13.

I like the former much better than the latter, though both are acceptable.

They're about the same size, but the bristles on the $3 one are lined up so that the rows have straight edges, while the $13 model is curved. Does that make sense? Looking straight at the business end of the bristles, the $3 one looks something like this:

While on the other one, the bristles are arranged in a more curved line, so it's harder (though not impossible) to get a clean part with the $13 model.

The bristles are also much stiffer on the cheaper brush. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it struck me as a good thing.

The $13 model does have a nice retro-esque Swissco logo, but it's not worth paying extra for.

Jovan

Suspended
The only Sally brush I've seen at the one here is some blended nylon/boar bristle crap special, with a handle. (No offence if that's what you own.) It didn't strike me as something that would last very long.

Since this is turning into part of the discussion in General Attire, I wouldn't mind it being merged.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
The Sally brush I bought has no handle, and I'm pretty sure it is 100% boar. I'll double-check.

The Swissco one at drugstore.com is listed as 100% boar bristle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy