Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Opinions

How does this Pork Pie look on me?

• Awesome!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What on Earth were you thinking!?!

• Not quite good, but there is hope.

• What's a Pork Pie, and why would you put it on your head?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
OK, for some odd reason, whenever a beater comes into my possession, sooner or later I shape it into a Pork Pie, look in the mirror, and immediately remember why I don't own any Prok Pie hats. They never look right on me.
My most recent Pork Pie incident made me pause, though. I honestly can't tell for sure, but maybe I've found the right crown and brim measurements to pull off this style. So, I'm asking for total, brutal honesty... take a look and slap me with opinions as hard as you can.

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/Fedora_Dog/Pork Pie Portis/

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
I don't wear hats, so please don't over-value my opinion, but I voted awesome.

Maybe the crown could be slightly lower in the back? I'm trying to find fault here.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Not what I expected form a pork pie, and it suits you... probably better than what I expected would. Which of course is why you own no pork pies and why you wanted to poll.

so... yeah.

duggap

Banned
NB, you pulled that off pretty good. I am not normally a fan of the Porkpie hats but that one looks good. I agree with Art, just a tad larger brim. The height of the crown makes it look better too.:eusa_clap

pgoat

One Too Many
Looks good! I personally think you look even better with some of the taller crown hats you've posted pics of here, but you defintely pull that look off too. I'm impressed you reworked that yourself; it's a beautiful hat!

EricH

One of the Regulars
Looks great. Looks like you might be leading the porkpie revolution. So NB when does the "Porkpie Posse" thread start? Gentlemen serve them up!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Looks pretty darn good to me. Actually much better than I expected. I did expect the brim to be turned-up all the way around so the presentation was a bit of a surprise as well.

mingoslim

Practically Family
I think the hat looks great . . .

You did an awesome job on this one. A really, really great looking hat . . .
Now the downside :( . . . I think that the hat looks pretty good on you . . . but it is not quite "there".

For what it is worth, I have the same problem . . . I like Pork Pies, and keep trying to come up with the "right" Porkpie for me, but have yet to do it . . .

But you have inspired me . . . I have a Portis that I was thinking of selling, which I now think I will try and reblock as a Porkpie, and give it a whirl. Sooner or later one has got to work . . . Right? ;)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I like it! (Perhaps, as Art suggests, a slightly wider brim, but otherwise :eusa_clap :eusa_clap )

I was expecting a narrower brim, since most of the ones (porkpie hats) I see for sale seem to be somewhat stingy. I also like the idea of a porkpie, but haven't tried changing a crease in a hat with a wider brim to one as I tend to think of them with the stingy brim. Unfortunately, at the moment stingy brims don't work too well on me.

Perhaps now, like Mingoslim, I might be inspired to try it with a larger brim!

Cheers,
Tom

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I think it looks great on you, er, rather you look great in it. [huh]
I don't know much about hats but it seems like the proportions are all right to me, size of hat to the size of your head and features, ect. Quite handsome! :eusa_clap
Nikki

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Wow! I wasn't expecting such a response. Thanks for what's been said so far. Keep the input coming!

Odds are, I won't wear this hat much (a Portis, by the way, mingoslim). It's pretty beat by my standards, and has a felt flaw that might not withstand the reblock it needs. But it is serving a good purpose with this poll. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran