Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Portable Hat Hook

rcfko

Familiar Face
Getting tired of having no place to hang my hat while I am out and about. I would love to one I can bring with me when I go out to the pub or restaurant, or to have something I can use in my car. I would like to hang my hat up so it doesn't end up on the chair or seat, potentially having it sat on, or on the table top risking spills.
Any suggestions?
Much Thanks,

Western hat shops have hat hangers that gently hold the brim & provide a hook for hanging. Will try for a link later

Link = http://www.dennards.net/hats/hats-felt/the-ultimate-hate-hanger-by-dix.html
hat_hanger1.jpg

Last edited:

oldemettle

New in Town
I inquired this morning and Penman wrote back that he is in the process of making a new improved batch. Just add your email address for notification when they become available.

Search the site for Art Fawcett's SkyHook. I recently put my grubby little hands on a couple and they're working out nicely. I carry one in my laptop bag and made my wife carry one for me in her bag. They're handy and easy to shove into your pocket.

Two drawbacks: It could be bigger. And I'm trying to figure out a gentler clip mechanism for attaching the hat. I hope Mr. Fawcett doesn't get litigious if I fashion myself a couple of bigger ones!

The Penman looks pretty cool, but seems a little cumbersome. My pockets are already filled with iPhones, keys, change, receipts, frogs and a slingshot, so...

rcfko

Familiar Face
How do I get on said mailing/notification list. I have seen the video for his hat hooks before but can't seem to find it in his shop.

I have tried the lady purse hook. They work great for the modern day fedora with a short short brim, but i find that there is just not enough room for a hat with wider brims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy