Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Straw Fedora, Size 7

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I've been prowling the local secondhand stores, online auction sites, etc., but have had no luck in locating a straw hat in my size that isn't more expensive than I'm wanting to spend at present. Decent, new hats seem to be out of my range. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone has one that they're no longer using.

I'm looking for a straw, non-stingy-brim fedora in a natural or lighter color. I've seen several inexpensive ones in a coarse straw weave, but am hoping to find something in a finer weave if possible. It doesn't have to be pristine - I just want something I can wear to work and around town. Looking a bit used or broken-in is fine with me.

If anyone has a spare or one that's just not getting the wearing time you think it deserves, please message me with details. - OR - if you know of a site with inexpensive, yet decent straw fedoras, please let me know. My Google-Fu is pretty good, but I'm just beginning to upgrade my headwear from ballcaps to better-quality items, so some of the hidden-gem sites may not be familiar to me.

Thank you,

- Mark

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
And ^^^THIS^^^ is why I posted my request. That didn't turn up in Google.

That Classic Havana in a 2.5 brim would be great. The shipping charge is what hurts me. I'm hoping to find something under $50 if possible. The purchase of the last three hats has put a severe dent in my account. I may just have to start putting money aside and save for later.

Thanks, though!

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
In a moment of weakness I started placing an order for one of the Cuenca hats noted in an earlier link, realizing that the sale price wasn't reflected in with the shipping amount at the bottom of the page. The hat would be over $50, but less than $60. When I entered my information, though, the shipping was higher than noted, resulting in a total charge of $70. Guess I'll postpone that order...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21