Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wash your jeans?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Off topic but anyone hand wash cashmere? I'm OK washing merino wool on delicate w/woolite and drying flat. Keep wondering if I can do cashmere sweaters the same way?

I wash all my jumpers in the washing machine, merino, cashmere, they all go in.
Just make sure you use the wool program and use some wool soap. Dry flat on a towel.
I have never had one come out shrunk or damaged and have been doing this for more than 15 years.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Those look really nice! Nice stacks as well. 37 inseam is a lot, I was expecting extreme amounts of stack, how tall are you anyway?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Those look really nice! Nice stacks as well. 37 inseam is a lot, I was expecting extreme amounts of stack, how tall are you anyway?
I'm not tall at all, 175-176cm, I wear boots with 4cm heels, in the size description it says 37" and after soaking it would shrink into 35"
I didn't measure when it came, and not after soaking I also wear it on me again while damp to shrink fit it perhaps, and stretch the button holes, man those buttons are killing me, got them all buttoned with a help of philips screwdriver on my sak, I hope they get easier soon

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
ssGXFkV.jpg
aL9TXuC.jpg

That is post soak still damp on me, shrank a little on the leg width, on the length not much, i wear different boots tho since i dont mind this black boots stained blue, struggled a little to pass my hip bone but probably due to friction of wet tough fabrics more than shrinkage since after that I can button up with some room on my waist.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
They look great Navetsea. How do you describe that leg shape?

37 inches.... I am 5 inches taller than you but wear a 34-35 inch inseam. That's nuts...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
1RKJKsV.jpg
They describe the fit as slim straight, i guess depending on the size we choose it might look widely different as they all share the same inseam, since i picked size 28 it looks more like slim toward skinny on me.
I bought it from local online shop through mobilephone apps, i have no idea where they sell it internationally.

so finally I measured the length post soak after I peeled it off me totally dry it is 33.5" so I doubt it was 37" presoak, probably 35"
or maybe they scale the length for smaller size, not mentioned in the chart, anyway it is a perfect length for me, so I'm not complaining

Last edited:

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@navetsea, that was quick!
Good fit. I'm jealous of how slim you are. Please keep us updated with washing and fading.

@Seb Lucas,
I think there is a thing about middle aged guys and bad jeans. It's like middle aged guys and cargo pants, see it every time I go home. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being middle aged (or older), and wearing these clothes, but...
The fit must be good! Take your wife/girlfriend/gay buddy, whatever, but choose pants that fit! Of course it helps if you've kept in relatively good shape (clothes are my only motivator for refusing food).
Secondly, wear the clothes, don't let the clothes wear you. There's nothing more repelling than a man who is wearing jeans/cargo pants/high end leather jacket, and is obviously, clearly, visibly uncomfortable with the style and painfully self-conscious about it. Just wear slacks and a shirt, and be smart and comfortable instead.

There are plenty of mature gentlemen who look good in jeans. Tom Skerritt in Top Gun, having a beer in jeans and a white shirt with a baseball cap.

patrick_b

One of the Regulars
I wash all my jumpers in the washing machine, merino, cashmere, they all go in.
Just make sure you use the wool program and use some wool soap. Dry flat on a towel.
I have never had one come out shrunk or damaged and have been doing this for more than 15 years.

Thanks for the input. I've always drycleaned cashmere and it is a PIA to do so. Our washer is fairly new, no agitator and has treated my merino wool garments just fine. Giving cashmere a try today on the same setting!

Here's an old man in jeans. Go ahead take your shots. I just have never found anything as comfortable and durable as denim for daily wear. That's why I've worn them most of my life. ( JC Penney jeans 32 waist 32 inseam ) No soak or shrink to fit. Just throw them in the washer and dryer. These have been washed twice. What do think this 71 yr old old man 'should' wear?? Let me know.

20181229_201232.jpg 20181229_201308.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Looking good HD - no smarty pants comments possible from what I see.

This is the general look I think we all want to avoid. The awful, even, light blue fading and the baggy fit. Jeans worn as chinos or track pants.

DadJeans.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails