Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing a fedora when it's windy

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I bought my first felt this summer. The FED IV deluxe in moonstone.

I don't have a wind trolley and it gets really windy here in Toronto during the Fall and Winter months. Should I wear my felt when it's windy without a wind trolley?

Or should I just ushanka for the next 6 months.
No, you should buy a couple of Akubra CampDrafts from Sam at EA, those come with wind trolley !!! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

cm289

One of the Regulars
Pardon the newbie question, but what does EA stand for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cm289

One of the Regulars
I bet you're right about Everything Australian- I should have googled first and questioned later [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
If it is windy enough to worry about losing a fedora, that's when I bust out an Irish cap or an 8 panel. Much less chance of those becoming airborne.

Yes, I do the same. Most of the Winter, I'm fine in a fedora. On very windy days, however, I reach for a cap, as even the best fitting hat can lift, and no matter what tricks you pull, it's irritating having to be aware of it all day. Dry days with high wind are when I typically reach for one of my sheepskins; always need a cap with those, as I like to flip the collars up to keep my ears warm...

But how do you keep your face warm?

On really cold days, I simply reach for my national costume.

Balaclava_3_hole_black.jpg

Growing up in Northern Ireland during the troubles had its advantages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy