Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Website builder recommendation, anyone?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Hello,

I've got a few things I'd like to off-load, but don't much like eBay's 10% fee, nor limits on the value and number of things I can list. So, I thought I'd make a little site where I can list stuff for sale with photos. Does anyone have any experience, and can recommend a website builder that a relative luddite like me could use?

(If this is the wrong place to post such a thread, by all means move it bartenders).

theknight

New in Town
Hey, just saw this thread :D Have you heard of this company? I've used them for my own ecommerce website and it was pretty stress-free. Gumtree might be a decent option too, if they have that where you live :)

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Craigslist? Setting up a website, hosting, and the domain name will cost money. Depending on how much you are selling for how long, etc. will factor in. Having a web designer build a site will also cost money.

Then, once your website is up...getting found is the hard part. Proper SEO and exposure. There are a gazillion websites out there, so getting your message out is a tough job.

You are better (and probably more economical) to use a well established professional site (Ebay, ..etc.) to handle this. I have sold and bought on Ebay since their early days..and the fees are reasonable.

Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo