Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding band?

ChorusGirl

Familiar Face
Hello!

I thought I'd pop in for a quick question. I am getting married in January in Southern CA, and I am looking for a band- preferably a trio or quartet to play for a couple hours at my reception. My fiance and I really like the music from the 20's-40's, and it would be wonderful to have it played live. I really like the music I've heard at the Cicada Club- I've contacted one band that plays there; I'd like to write to a couple more. The problem is, for so many of the groups that I've googled, I have been unable to find their contact information. I am not on myspace, so I cannot contact people that way. Does anyone here have contact info for any of the Cicada Club bands, or ones with similar sounds? I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks so much,

Addi

nostalgic

New in Town
not much help

Addi,
Congratulations! I'm sorry I can't be of more help since I'm on the other side of the country. Best of luck and let us know who you find!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Sara Klotz de Aguilar does weddings. She's in San Francisco, however, I think.
I think you'll find that most of the well known Big Bands in the area will have a small ensemble available as well. At least that's how it is in New York. Find one of the big groups, and they'll be able to put together a small group that will be suited to your needs.

ChorusGirl

Familiar Face
Thanks so much guys! I guess I'm just going to have to make it out to more shows and speak to their leaders!

Cheers,

Addi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran