Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weirdest Ebay experience

carolinagirl

New in Town
I bought a pair of vintage shoes on ebay last year and regretted selling them shortly after. I looked today and they (it has to be them) are back on ebay! I couldn't believe it! So I bid on them...

I never would have thought it in a million years...it has been over a year!

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
carolinagirl said:
I bought a pair of vintage shoes on ebay last year and regretted selling them shortly after. I looked today and they (it has to be them) are back on ebay! I couldn't believe it! So I bid on them...

I never would have thought it in a million years...it has been over a year!
lol That is really great, you're more than lucky.

I had a home based business a short time restoring & reselling vintage audio gear. Also had a homepage with pics of my own, including a console spring-wound 1920s Victrola. Once while surfing the bay for fixer uppers, I read one descibing what seemed to be from the 1970s, saying "old console-shaped radio and record player, looks sort of like this:" and my own victrola pic there from my website :eusa_doh: . Had to show it to friends before I told the guy.

Swing High,
- C H

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hepcat, that was terribly mean of the guy who stole your picture.

I started using Ebay a very long time ago, being that I collect PEZ, and that is why ebay was founded. It was, at one point a great place to get them. But of course, this has all changed.
Well, I was bidding on the Gargumel (from the Smurfs) dispenser about 6 years ago. This was a difficult dispenser to find, for they only sold it in Europe and Asia. A bidding war started, and I lost the dispenser with 5 seconds left. It went for way more than it was worth, and I knew that I'd somehow find another one. About an hour after the auction ended I got a message from the guy who won the dispenser. He said that given the insistant bidding I was doing, that I must of really wanted the dispenser. He asked me if I wanted to buy it from him, for $50 more than he paid!!!! Oh, the nerve and arrogance. I didn't respond to his message, this guy was just too swarmy for me. I found one a week later, paid $7 for it, in mint condition on the card, not in a plastic bag (in PEZ world, that's a good thing). I'm glad I made the right choice, for the last time I checked, this particular dispenser is only worth $12. Actually that's not bad for an item that only retails for around $1.29 depending on where you purchase them. So in the end, I made out great, in 6 years I've made $4 off the little toy! (insert sarcasm here.) The guy who won the dispenser, he's out of quite a few bucks!
:eusa_clap

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I started using Ebay a very long time ago, being that I collect PEZ, and that is why ebay was founded... The guy who won the dispenser, he's out of quite a few bucks!
:eusa_clap
Oh, that one is too funny Daisy. :D Some people. Didn't know eBay was created originally for Pez; neat.

Daisy Buchanan said:
Hepcat, that was terribly mean of the guy who stole your picture.
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt if there's any question whether they're just Highly Uninformed. I've found that to many people, all record players look indistinguishable: there's a round turntable and a tone arm, and, why would anyone buy more than one?! lol (The guy did promptly remove the pic from his auction & apologize.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes