Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Welcome to suits

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I am Joseph C. Brandstetter A.K.A. Matt Deckard. and I am one of the Moderators of this section. please feel free to drop by and spout info on your wears, from linen suits to cotton suits to wool flanels to whipcords.

I want to see your patch pockets, Valentino pockets, belt backs, vents, action backs, pin stripes, plaids, chalk stripes, windowpanes and more.

sitting-vi.jpg

Suit:Navy flanel chalk stripe single breasted three piece.
Hat: 1930's Mallory fedora. Light (dove) grey with bound edge and Navy ribbon.

END OF LINE.

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
White linen jacket

I'm a new poster here; in fact this is the first one. While I've liked hats since I was a kid ( I'm 71 now ) and have picked up many different types over the years, I rarely wore them out in public; rarely that is except when my Uncle
( Sam ) insisted upon my wearing one. I recently purchased a modestly priced Panama, "Havana" style, and have taken it off only when showering.
( I'm thinking of getting a large plastic hat cover to solve that issue. )
What I'm looking for now is a White, linen, or similar material, sports jacket to wear on a casual, everyday basis and not the more formal evening wear type.
The one I'm thinking of has little or no padding and/or liner. I'm thinking of the type you might expect to see in an old 30's or 40's movie taking place on some tropical island complete with sarong-clad maidens, pearl divers, etc.
The jackets usually had a kind of built in rumpled look to them.
Now to the hard part; the cost must be less than an arm and a leg!
I'm a thrift store junkie and have found many great vintage treasures of all kinds in them but the white linen "South of Pago-Pago" jacket has eluded me.
Are there any old movie buffs, or south pacific island pearl divers out there who can draw me a map to the treasure?
It's a pleasure being able to chat with a swell bunch of guys and dolls who seem to share the same values and interests as I do.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Best Regards,
Frankie Lamb

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Greetings Frankie!
You sure found an old thread to post your intro, LOL
You should be able to find a linen suit jacket now at a number of department stores on sale, or even discount locations now that the summer is winding down, well at least to the fashion merchandising folks.
There are a few threads in the suits area that should be relevant to this topic, be sure to use the search function and see what results you can come up with. Though, to find this old thread you probably did use the search... lol

Anyway,
good to have you aboard!

Rittmeister

Familiar Face
Welcome Frankie,

I recently joined and I am having a great time. You might like to follow this thread that I started about White Suits.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=32280&highlight=White+suits

Fellow lounger Cookie and I are tracking down the fabric that was used in pre-WWII Cuba and other areas to make washable suits. I think there may be another thread that discusses these suits, also made from Palm Beach fabric.

This is a great forum. Enjoy.

GBR

One of the Regulars
Matt

As it has been revived, what is the definition of a "Valentino Pocket" please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo