Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Engineer boots are here !!! Questions..

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Just received my Wesco custom engineer boots last evening. I must say they are every bit as nice as I remeber. I had a pair roughly 20 years ago.

What the best socks to wear ? I got a 9" unlined shaft knowing it will sag once broken in. I wear Darn Tough brand boot socks. Excellent socks. They are tell but they keep slipping down Just enough so the shaft grinds my shins into hamburger meat when I walk.

Any advice on what to do?

The boots fit well though I know they will need some break in even being custom made to my feet. Which is to be expected.

Attachments

• 20170511_152639.jpg
    20170511_152639.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 420

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You may need something longer. In stead of going around looking for boot socks that are long enough, I usually just buy football(soccer) socks.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Try wrapping the top of the sock outward over the top of the boot. This will keep the leather from chafing and hold the sock up.

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Folding the socks over helped a lot.

I'll look for longer socks. I wonder if this will be a problem after break in. I don't recall this being a problem with my old Wesco boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy