Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Joey C, those are some awesome looking hats. Love the OR style Stetson 25, John G. I'd like to get my hands on one of those.
Wearing my Silverbelly Stagecoach again. I got a good deal on this hat and including another brown Stagecoach off ebay. I had a Black Akubra Squatter that I literally hated, (I don't like black hats). The ebay seller apparently liked my Black Squatter. The seller traded me two, never before worn, Stagecoaches for the black beast I had, (I did put a burgundy ribbon on the black ugly beast which made it pop really nice, though). The seller was happy and I was happy. Both of the Stagecoaches had some real tapered up crowns and cheesy looking hat bands. I reblocked both hats and gave them tall straighter crowns with Center Dents. I also changed out the hat bands. I sewed a thin ribbon on the Silverbelly with a Campaign style bow, I hid the stitching on the bow work....

A_Stagecoach_in_Silvebelly_RC.jpg

A_Stage_Coach_SBRC.jpg

stain_1.jpg

Stagecoach_R_04.jpg

Stagecoach_R_11.jpg

The black beast I traded for the two Stagecoaches

Black_Beast_01.jpg

Last edited:

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Thanks buddy. I appreciate that. Resistols were once advertised as the 'Working Cowboy's' hat. However tough Akubra may be, Resistol was a whole lot tougher.

I have a few Resistols, a diamond horseshoe, a tall quarter horse, a tall cattleman and a couple of straw quarter horse Hickock model . Aside from the 3 Campdrafts I have 1 Akubra western, very thick heavy felt by comparison. Also have several Stetson western of various quality from 20X El Patrons down to 6X rancher. Also, 2 Seratelli's. Leaving out the Akubra their all more on the dressier side. Many more custom westerns by various makers, 1 in particular I'm fond of is a Davis custom cattleman, on the dressier side, many others more period/working cowboy hats I had made when I was more active in CAS. Right about Resistol, great hats.

John Galt

Vendor
Terry, I love the hats, and I really like the bow on the fawn colored one. I'll call to discuss - I think it's a great vintage style bow for cowboy hats. The magenta & black is a great look too.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks JG. I agree. The campaign style bows seem to really work with Westerns. I also think that bow would work really well on OR and Strat style hats too. I didn't care much for that black Akubra, though. I hated that thing. Changing out the ribbon seemed to help it some but I still hated it.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Nice to see them in one piece.
I also agree on the campaign bow on westerns.

The hats had never been worn when I got them. All the tags were still intact and the liners were like brand new. I couldn't bring myself to cut them down. I just reblocked the crowns and changed out the ribbons. I put a dark brown vintage 6 ply mid ribbon on the brown Resistol with a simple bow.

Western_Indy_05.jpg

r_indy_03.jpg

r_indy_02.jpg

IW_SC_04.jpg

r_indy_04.jpg

A_Stagecoach_brown_2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran